Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Our first snow day! *pics

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

I know all of you who live further north will laugh at our pitiful snowfall but we live in deep East Texas and we never get snow like this.

It's 31 degrees, snowfall is at the thickest about 3 inches. All the schools in a 60 mile radius are closed, overpasses and bridges are closed in some spots.

These are a few of the pics I took.
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Mobile Photo

SD(4.5) and DD(2.5)
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Mobile Photo

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Super Cute!!!

We can't even go outside due to a frostbite warning. (30 minutes outside can cause frostbite today!!). DD keeps asking to go out and trying to explain to me her snow pants will keep her warm.... I feel bad saying no since there is so much desirable looking snow out but snow pants aren't going to keep the cold out today!
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Mobile Photo

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

adorable!!

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:44 AM
I wish I could share my really cute pics but I'm avoiding sharing my SD's face on here. The girls don't own snow gear. I just layered their clothes as best I could to keep them from getting soaking wet.

Quoting PumpkinSpice8: Super Cute!!!

We can't even go outside due to a frostbite warning. (30 minutes outside can cause frostbite today!!). DD keeps asking to go out and trying to explain to me her snow pants will keep her warm.... I feel bad saying no since there is so much desirable looking snow out but snow pants aren't going to keep the cold out today!
charleyangel317
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:44 AM

How old is DD? I saw someone post on here one day it was too cold for her little one to go out so her dh shoveled some snow and put it in the bathtub for her to play.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Mobile Photo

My DD
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM

send the girls to me!!!! we got over a foot and a half.....I gotta wear knee high boots just to walk out of my door.....poor Princess needs a snowplow attached to her walker and wheelchair lol

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM
That's a great idea!! :)

DD has been playing in snow since November so she'll be fine waiting until it warms up. She's a young tween but SNs.

Quoting charleyangel317:

How old is DD? I saw someone post on here one day it was too cold for her little one to go out so her dh shoveled some snow and put it in the bathtub for her to play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN