Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

the wicked step mother is coming out today!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM
  • 48 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yesterday morning, this house started off spotless. Everything was clean and tidy. My 3 boys went to a birthday party at 1 pm and were supposed to stay the night (my 7 yo twins changed their mind and came home around 9 pm) So all day long, it was the step kids ss13 and sd11, mine and dh's dd4 and our baby dd1.

I made it clear that, aside form tidying up after the baby, I am NOT cleaning. That they can all clean up after themselves. Well, that didn't work well! this house is a sty today! skids clothes are all over the floor. sweaters, jackets, hits, mitts of the skids all over the house! I told dh that either him or one of the sk's can load the dishwasher last night but nobody did. You cannot see my dinning room table still! the dinner dishes were never cleared. I asked the sk's to clean it after dinner but they didn't bother and dh didn't bother telling them they have to. dh decided to bake cookies last night and did not bother cleaning up afterwards so there is a mess of measuring cups and flour and ALL items used to make the cookies on the counters and stove. it's horrid.

I cooked dinner last night and made sure to clean up every scrap of mess i made while doing so. My baby emptied her toy baskets and I cleaned those up. She also got a hold of her diaper bag and emtied it so I cleaned that. I put all of her sippy cups in the sink and cleaned off her high chair as well. I had dd4 clean up her toys and her bedroom before she went to bed.There isn't a scrap of mess in this house that I, my 4 yo dd, my twins or the baby made.

I don't think it's a terrible idea for dh and the sk's to clean up after themselves and give me a break for once! It seems like I'm their maid. That they do nothing but have fun the entire time they're here every weekend and niether have to lift a dish to help out. wtf?! My twins came home at 9, and were in bed by 10 and I made them clean up their goody bag mess that they made during the hour they were home. So ALL this mess is made by the sk's and dh. and dh plans to take the two of them out this afternoon while my kids and I have to sit in this mess?! I don't think so! Gonna have to be a wicked step mother and nagging wife today! Wish me luck! Mwahaha!

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM
6 moms liked this

I'mpretty sure you'll end up cleaning it up anyway. You have a DH problem. 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM
4 moms liked this

somebody would be loosing their tv/electronics-hell even the electricity if necessary until that mess was cleaned!

And yes i am a stepmom-I have shut off the electric in my house a few times to get my stepkids up off their ass and cleaning.

stepdiva
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg. I cooked dinner every night and I cleaned the kitchen afterward because then I knew it was done. A 13 year old boy is not likely to be bothered by dirty dishes and IMO to expect the others to clean up with out lots of instruction is asking a lot based on their ages
I'm not bashing you, I'm saying the skids weren't born knowing how to do dishes and clean up after themselves to your standards. Try showing them what you would like to see done and keep your fingers crossed. That was the only thing I really battled with my skids, as I've mentioned multiple times, the rest was up to their dad. Dirty dishes and a dirty kitchen is my worst nightmare.
iSMILEheCRIES
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Good luck, no wicked step mom because you aren't being unreasonable!
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Why should she show them? That's their father's responsibility.

Quoting stepdiva: Omg. I cooked dinner every night and I cleaned the kitchen afterward because then I knew it was done. A 13 year old boy is not likely to be bothered by dirty dishes and IMO to expect the others to clean up with out lots of instruction is asking a lot based on their ages

I'm not bashing you, I'm saying the skids weren't born knowing how to do dishes and clean up after themselves to your standards. Try showing them what you would like to see done and keep your fingers crossed. That was the only thing I really battled with my skids, as I've mentioned multiple times, the rest was up to their dad. Dirty dishes and a dirty kitchen is my worst nightmare.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Quoting shanlee42: Why should she show them? That's their father's responsibility.

Quoting stepdiva: Omg. I cooked dinner every night and I cleaned the kitchen afterward because then I knew it was done. A 13 year old boy is not likely to be bothered by dirty dishes and IMO to expect the others to clean up with out lots of instruction is asking a lot based on their ages

How can dad show them anything when he can't even do it himself?!

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM
This is definitely a dad issue. You need to have a conversation about him cleaning up after himself and the kids.

If he doesn't want the kids to do it then he should be doing it himself!
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this
The dad in this situation doesn't know how to clean up after himself? Isn't he an adult? You are telling me that he can bake cookies but he can't wash dishes or clear a dinner table?

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting shanlee42: Why should she show them? That's their father's responsibility.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shanlee42: The dad in this situation doesn't know how to clean up after himself? Isn't he an adult? You are telling me that he can bake cookies but he can't wash dishes or clear a dinner table?

Quoting Tigress22304:

being an adult means nothing.

except for the 4 yrs he lived with BM and the 3 yrs he and  I lived together-dh never learned how to do housework/dishes etc-his mother lived with him and she did it all.

When he moved in with BM-she had to show him how to do basic cleaning.

Maybe dad doesn't give a damn that the house is a pigsty and he knows he's got his woman to do it for him!

In that case-the OP needs to find her frying pan and lodge it into the back of his head.

My DH has done that-trash my kitchen cleaning-and I will nag his ass until he cleans it to my expectations.

stepdiva
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Because she knows how she wants it done. And she wants them to do it. Dad should grow a pair, (my DH is included in this ) and back her up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)