Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Fiancé charged in murder of man's 2 year old

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:10 PM
  • 38 Replies
Man's fiancée charged in death of his 2-year-old Plano daughter
Posted: Jan 28, 2014 6:40 PM CST
Updated: Jan 28, 2014 6:40 PM CST
By: myfoxdfw.com Staff - email
Plano Police announced Tuesday that they've made an arrest in the recent death of a 2-year-old girl.

Melinda Lynn Muniz, 25, has been charged with capital murder in the death of Grace Lillian Ford, police say. Muniz is reportedly the fiancée of Ford's father.

Ford was found unconscious at an apartment earlier this month and was transported to a local hospital for treatment, where she was declared brain-dead three days later.

A fundraising page for Ford said her face was found duct-taped shut.

Police said they got a welfare concern call from the girl's father on Jan. 9 about 1:40 p.m. from his apartment in the 1500 block of J Place.

Police say that on Jan. 22, the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Ford's death as a homicide.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobear110
by Audra on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Sweet Jesus I would kill her myself

looneytunes290
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Terrible:(
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I know. It's so close to home. I've been seeing this little girls picture on the news. Some people should be hung and then shot between the eyes.

Quoting Boobear110:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobear110
by Audra on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM

It horrifies me how little care some adults give to the innocence in their lives.

Makes me sick 

Quoting momof2ex1: I know. It's so close to home. I've been seeing this little girls picture on the news. Some people should be hung and then shot between the eyes.

Quoting Boobear110:

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Locally a lady is being charged with aggrevated child abuse. She held a hot iron on her boyfriend's son's hand and then pushed the boy down a flight of stairs :( The little boy is still in the hospital.

Another guy is in jail awaiting charges for beating his girlfriend's son over the course of weeks. Mom was working and having her boyfriend babysit and the boyfriend stopped letting her bathe or dress the boy (who is 3 or 4). The boy is in the hospital with severe trauma.

It's SO sad :( Breaks my heart.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Wtf?

And people wonder why our mama bear claws come out. Insecurity? Hell yes.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Locally a lady is being charged with aggrevated child abuse. She held a hot iron on her boyfriend's son's hand and then pushed the boy down a flight of stairs :( The little boy is still in the hospital.

Another guy is in jail awaiting charges for beating his girlfriend's son over the course of weeks. Mom was working and having her boyfriend babysit and the boyfriend stopped letting her bathe or dress the boy (who is 3 or 4). The boy is in the hospital with severe trauma.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:31 PM

You know I try to avoid stories like this. It makes me cry

lillettemomma
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Way back in the day I was living with a teen couple her child and my exdh (fiance at the time)..... she was 16 he was 18 and the baby was 2......yes them living with us was all done legally....any who they were terrible parents did a bunch of crazy things but it wasn't to the level of abuse I tried to report them but cps said the baby wasn't in real danger..... long story short me and exdh were away and the bf tried to kill the baby by burning him with scalding water...... The baby ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 70 percent of his body.... I came home and saved the baby......The bf had snapped because gf had miscarried his kid so he wanted to get her back...... He is doing 15 years and gf lost custody for a while although she has him back now and another child....ppl are crazy
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM

MDD, with her special needs, would be a target for abuse. It's one of the main reasons I don't work. I couldn't IMAGINE sending her to daycare, it's hard enough sending her to school. But, I'm at the school 2-3 days a week volunteering and a majority of the staff at the school knows me by name and knows who my kiddos are.

There are VERY few people I trust with DD. There are times when I lose my cool with her and need to have a time out. No way could I trust some random stranger...

Quoting momof2ex1: Wtf?

And people wonder why our mama bear claws come out. Insecurity? Hell yes.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

DDDaysh
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:48 PM
People are insane!!! There was a mother here who murdered both of her kids (at different times), put them in the crawl space under her house and kept living there! Like WTF??? How could you do that? If an animal gets under my house it smells, how could you live over your own kids' decomposing corpses.

Then there was the one little boy who was starved to death primarily by his grandmother, but other adults lived in the home too. It was just sick.

My brother's BM is far from a good mother and I hate the in utero abuse she did to my brothers, but at least she had the decency to abandon him at a hospital! Some of these people are just insane.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN