Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just wanted to share...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM
  • 13 Replies
5 moms liked this

SD is 13, so the attitude is hit or miss right now :) Overall she's a great kid, but her being a teenager does effect the attitude.

Anyways, she's been great lately. Seriously, an amazing kiddo. DH and I talked about it, and he suggested we go with a more natural consequences route with her rather than grounding and punishing her (not that she gets into trouble much). I have to tell you, it's been awesome!

Anyways, tonight before bed she came up to me and asked if we could talk in private. We went into my bedroom and shut the door. She hugged me and said she wanted to thank me for being so great and helping her dad take such good care of her. Seriously, out of no where.

Melted my heart :) And i just had to share.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:08 AM
That is so sweet. You are a great stepmom and a great mommy. All that love pays off in the end. It really does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
progressandjoy
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM
Isn't that great!

SS has been in an anti-SP mood for a long while, but there are some random times when he suddenly becomes super affectionate. I always enjoy it while it lasts!
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:38 AM

Natural consequences are so effective with teens.  The worst thing I can say to DD17 is that something is her decision and she needs to consider the consequences of her actions.  And sometimes those consequences are an angry and disappointed mom.  She would rather be mad at me for not letting her do something than not do something because she knows I will be mad.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:46 AM

That is so sweet! 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

that's awesome!!! ss7 got me last Sunday out of nowhere...when he came home from church0=

damn kid tackled me in the kitchen and broke my ass lol

it was worth the hug!

thecircus8
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I love it! Makes everything better! A boy in SS class, he is in an autism room with only 8 kids-all boys, is having a really rough time with Med changes and other stuff. Which is causing the other boys to be, in his teacher's words "all squirrelly". SS came home yesterday and curled in my lap and said that he's glad that I'm "his circus" because I make it all better, he is never affectionate so it was special...
kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:16 AM

Yay!! That is wonderful!! 

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM
That's awesome!
gangof6
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

AWW, that is so sweet. She sounds like an amazing young girl. Some adults don't even act like that. Kuddos to her and you...nice job!!!

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Thank you :)

Quoting momof2ex1: That is so sweet. You are a great stepmom and a great mommy. All that love pays off in the end. It really does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)