Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dealing with 2 great kids and their mom from hell.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:04 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 great kids and their dad live with me here on the farm. The kid's mom is on drugs and pregnant by another drug monster. The kids have supervised visitation every Sunday for 5hrs. They come home so emotionally drained and full of all the things she has told them to do against dad and myself. Can Anything be done to stop her from doing this?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:35 AM
10 moms liked this
If she has supervised visits - then how is she able to fill their heads with things? Is the supervisor not doing their job? If not then dad needs to petition the court to change supervisors. This is the point of supervision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:33 AM
This exactly.

Quoting momof2ex1: If she has supervised visits - then how is she able to fill their heads with things? Is the supervisor not doing their job? If not then dad needs to petition the court to change supervisors. This is the point of supervision.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:55 AM

I was thinking the same thing. 

Maybe it would be beneficial to get a therapist involved to find out exactly what BM is telling them. He could write a report, which would be beneficial if they decide to go back to court to have the visitation modified or even taken away. 

Poor babies... :(

Quoting momof2ex1: If she has supervised visits - then how is she able to fill their heads with things? Is the supervisor not doing their job? If not then dad needs to petition the court to change supervisors. This is the point of supervision.

whatIknownow
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM

what is she telling them to do?

kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:15 AM

At one time my ex has supervised visits. There was someone in the room with them at all times, and a Sherriff's on site. How is she telling them anything innappropiate? The facilitator doesn't take notes? Videos? 

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM
My ex had supervised as well. Once at the visitation center and a case worker sat with them. Now he would try to move the convo in to certain directions and the case worker would ask him to change the subject. And then she would write a report and put it in his file so the judge would see his behavior when we went back to court.

Quoting kellynh:

At one time my ex has supervised visits. There was someone in the room with them at all times, and a Sherriff's on site. How is she telling them anything innappropiate? The facilitator doesn't take notes? Videos? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM

This.

Is this one of the situations where a relative is allowed to be the supervisor?

macpack2012
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like whoever is supervising the visits isn't actually supervising them.  Maybe the mom is asking for a few minutes alone and the supervisor is allowing it, but I would definitely look into whoever is supervising and see if you can do anything to have someone else be there, or take her rights away temporarily until she can control herself better.  It is not good if the kids are being brainwashed and come home emotionally drained from their visits.  The visits should be reinforcement ot the kids of their mom's love, not the opposite. 

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Get a new supervisor.

kellynh
by Kelly on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. This is the way the center worked. If someone isn't doing their job, ask for a different supervisor. 

Quoting momof2ex1: My ex had supervised as well. Once at the visitation center and a case worker sat with them. Now he would try to move the convo in to certain directions and the case worker would ask him to change the subject. And then she would write a report and put it in his file so the judge would see his behavior when we went back to court.

Quoting kellynh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)