Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

smh!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

in another group, a mom posted she was going through a divorce. she has 5 children. she moved out of the family home into a small apartment. the children remained with dad as the family home is on a farm that his family passed down to him. she misses her children and is looking for a way to be ok with this. she didnt say if it was acrimonious. she did say that she and father had agreed upon visitation. no child support currently.

there are people in the group advising her to go and take the kids because she can get SO MUCH child support for that many kids. really? take the kids out of the family home where they are stable and move them all into a small apartment so she can ruin to the courts for child support? disgusting. i said what i thought and i honestly dfont think some posters even understood where i was coming from!!!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lalasmomma13
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Good 'ol CM moms. All about the money and screwing over the other parent.
thecircus8
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I will never understand this mindset...
Amy1973Potts
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Agreed. Shitty, shitty advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OvrMyHead
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM

This is one of those situations where there is no good answer and no one "wins".  Sure, the kids are probably better off at the farm but they probably miss their mom like crazy.  Was she the primary caregiver?  Who will fill that role, I wonder how much visitation she has.  And 5 kids in a small apartment is also miserable.  How sad.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:00 PM

But here you would think Mothers are never like that.

Quoting Lalasmomma13: Good 'ol CM moms. All about the money and screwing over the other parent.

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM

she works FT and did prior to the split. dad works on the farm.

Quoting OvrMyHead:

This is one of those situations where there is no good answer and no one "wins".  Sure, the kids are probably better off at the farm but they probably miss their mom like crazy.  Was she the primary caregiver?  Who will fill that role, I wonder how much visitation she has.  And 5 kids in a small apartment is also miserable.  How sad.

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:25 PM
So they are in their home with their primary caregiver? All is as it should be. This is what is best for them - 'mom' is not always best.

Quoting faerie75:  she works FT and did prior to the split. dad works on the farm.
Quoting OvrMyHead:

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I hope she didnt take those who advised her to take the kids for CS.  I will never understand how some think that money is the answer in cases like this.  I think it was strong of her to be the one to leave and have the kids stay in the home they have known and grown up on. kudos to her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)