Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since it is all about love and caring...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM
  • 96 Replies
3 moms liked this

Is mom free to talk to SMs kid's teachers?  Go to her kid's conferences?  Attend SM's kids doctor's appointments?

Shouldn't stepmom just appreciate that this person loves and cares for her kids and let her go with her if she believes she should be going to mom's kids appointments and such?

Mom does have a connection to SMs kids, a similar one that SM has to mom's kids. Sm is connected via dad and mom is connected via her children . It's like the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, only we'll replace K. B. with "other people's kids" ... 

So it isn't about that, it's about the love that mom might be trying to show to SM's kids, folks. 

by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol you spin that well.

Hell I don't even know where SMs kid goes to school. I've seen one picture of her. They sent it in a sweet card signed mom and dad lol I should have sent one back to her dd signed mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:59 AM
2 moms liked this
SM is out of your kids life long ago.
Your obsession with her is becoming unhealthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Quoting momof2ex1: Lol you spin that well.

Hell I don't even know where SMs kid goes to school. I've seen one picture of her. They sent it in a sweet card signed mom and dad lol I should have sent one back to her dd signed mama.

You should. Because you love her child and just want to show her that you care.  

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Quoting annabl1970: SM is out of your kids life long ago. Glad you kept up with me.
Your obsession with her is becoming unhealthy. Well, it would be if this was about her. But it isn't. You're obsessed with telling me I'm obsessed about her, though and that is unhealthy. I hope you find someone else to latch onto soon. At first I thought your obsession with me and what I posted was cute, now I just wish you'd learn to take my posts at face value and tell other posters they worry too much about moms - especially since many of them actualy post about things they can't change or they whine about the same things over and over and over - your energy will be better spent on some of them. 

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Makes me sad sometimes that my DDs SM doesn't have kids.  They really would have been a bonus!

tinybluemoon
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Mine could, oh yes, mine could.

I wouldn't mind rubbing it in her face that my kids are smarter than her kids.

She could even come to their doctors appointments if she wanted, everyone already knows everytime DS3 sneezes anyway, and the others only ever go to the doctor to get antibiotics for ear infections and utis, and if she wants to see their urine get dipsticked, while a bit weird, why would I care? 

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd cries when she sees bm. She's got a bunch of tattoos and facial piercings, and I guess it scares her!
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this
How does BM know SM's kids? If BM is married to SM's children's Dad then, she can do whatever Dad allows in the same way SM's husband's does.

Minors don't get to decide which adults are involved their lives, their parents do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:52 AM
I would love someone else to take DS when he needs to be swabbed, poked, or cut. That boy can kick.

Quoting tinybluemoon:

Mine could, oh yes, mine could.

I wouldn't mind rubbing it in her face that my kids are smarter than her kids.

She could even come to their doctors appointments if she wanted, everyone already knows everytime DS3 sneezes anyway, and the others only ever go to the doctor to get antibiotics for ear infections and utis, and if she wants to see their urine get dipsticked, while a bit weird, why would I care? 

twinklebites
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 7:17 AM

My kids Step sister (SM's DD) is a wonderful caring young woman I care about her but would draw the line at saying I love her , we don't have that kind of relationship. She is wonderful to my kids and I appreciate that. However I do not need attend PT conferences for anyone but my own children, I have no idea why so many SM believe they should go , of course some CSM's I can understand but an EOWE situation is mind boggling!

FYI-SM feels the same I invited her and my SO to one parent teacher confrence BF and I both thought it would be beneficial for all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured