Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Just STOP!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:01 AM
  • 24 Replies
8 moms liked this
Just stop playing the victim people. What is with all the weak-back, bellyachin, puss-ass moaning and groaning?

Damn! Man the fuck up. Only people YOU allow to take your happiness can. I married a man who previous to me had two sons. Different moms, both bat shit crazy. If I can get through what I went through with my husband, you can too. So stop whining, stop blaming it all on BM (precious DH has blame there too) and reclaim yo shit ladies.

That. Is. All.
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:18 AM
4 moms liked this
Nothing is all bm's fault. Ss's mom is batshit crazy. But Dh at one point found her worthy of reproducing with.

I actually blame him !
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM
BINGO!!!!

Quoting dawnnamarie: Nothing is all bm's fault. Ss's mom is batshit crazy. But Dh at one point found her worthy of reproducing with.

I actually blame him !
AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Hallelujah!! Sorry but there's no way I've let BM enter my thoughts on the regular. I've told both she and DH that they didn't need my help when SSs were made, I wasn't in the room for THAT (thank the GOOD LORD) so I was completely happy to let them parent SSs however they chose.

Did we have SS issues? Yep we did. Was it BMs fault? No it was NOT. Most of the time it was the dude we both married who was a Disney Dad (which he now regrets, shocker dumb ass) and spent more time tryng to be their friend instead of their parent. BM raised them to be respectful....OSS isn't respectful to ANY woman BM included. I blame DH for most of that shit. He and I have had many a "they share your DNA too so it's not all HER fault" conversations. Remember...I married him too and while I'm a little partial to him I do realize he's human and doesn't resemble Jesus Christ, so there's no confusing him with the only perfect man ever created.

Ugh. Fucking ugh!! Why do so many SMs try to bait BM and then when she blows a gasket cry about her behavior?! FFS, raise your own kids if you've got them and leave the hard part (when it comes to SKs) to the BPs. I've got tons more shit to dwell on besides her!!
dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
At first I was one of THOSE who though Dh was so perfect. I'll admit it!

But when dh's best friend told me that he tried to talk Dh out of marrying her an HOUR before the wedding, there had to have been some red flags!

Quoting GlockMom: BINGO!!!!

Quoting dawnnamarie: Nothing is all bm's fault. Ss's mom is batshit crazy. But Dh at one point found her worthy of reproducing with.

I actually blame him !
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:30 AM
3 moms liked this
Hallaluyer!! A-flippin-men!

I'm like you. LOVE my man. I totally see his faults too. I refuse to let my happiness be sucked out of my life because at some point he was enjoying having something sucked out of him by a crazy biznatch.

I'll be back in the morn ladies. I iz tired.

Quoting AmyB118: Hallelujah!! Sorry but there's no way I've let BM enter my thoughts on the regular. I've told both she and DH that they didn't need my help when SSs were made, I wasn't in the room for THAT (thank the GOOD LORD) so I was completely happy to let them parent SSs however they chose.

Did we have SS issues? Yep we did. Was it BMs fault? No it was NOT. Most of the time it was the dude we both married who was a Disney Dad (which he now regrets, shocker dumb ass) and spent more time tryng to be their friend instead of their parent. BM raised them to be respectful....OSS isn't respectful to ANY woman BM included. I blame DH for most of that shit. He and I have had many a "they share your DNA too so it's not all HER fault" conversations. Remember...I married him too and while I'm a little partial to him I do realize he's human and doesn't resemble Jesus Christ, so there's no confusing him with the only perfect man ever created.

Ugh. Fucking ugh!! Why do so many SMs try to bait BM and then when she blows a gasket cry about her behavior?! FFS, raise your own kids if you've got them and leave the hard part (when it comes to SKs) to the BPs. I've got tons more shit to dwell on besides her!!
AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Feb. 13, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Me too!! Drank a giant cup of Mickey Dees coffee around 9:00 pm and I'm all kinds of wired up!! Finally going to go lay down out of pure exhaustion!! Lol

Quoting GlockMom: Hallaluyer!! A-flippin-men!

I'm like you. LOVE my man. I totally see his faults too. I refuse to let my happiness be sucked out of my life because at some point he was enjoying having something sucked out of him by a crazy biznatch.

I'll be back in the morn ladies. I iz tired.

Quoting AmyB118: Hallelujah!! Sorry but there's no way I've let BM enter my thoughts on the regular. I've told both she and DH that they didn't need my help when SSs were made, I wasn't in the room for THAT (thank the GOOD LORD) so I was completely happy to let them parent SSs however they chose.

twinklebites
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:21 AM
2 moms liked this

All of my issues regarding BM were absolutely his fault, he felt the need to put a super hero cape on when ever she needed something. He didn't see how talking on the phone with her for 20 minutes when she was having a problem at work while I was sitting next to him was rude especially since he was so freaking sappy to her How could I possibly find that offensive ??? when I went home and wouldn't answer my phone he came over I was livid he got the point but damn it took me losing my shit on him! BTW she has friends, and at the end of their convo she asked for $, I called it and he wasn't happy that I saw it before he did ummm dumbass you were married to her for 24 years you should know her better! 

I know this sounds really angry I am mad at him for something entirely unrelated today1

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I can so relate.

Quoting twinklebites:

All of my issues regarding BM were absolutely his fault, he felt the need to put a super hero cape on when ever she needed something. He didn't see how talking on the phone with her for 20 minutes when she was having a problem at work while I was sitting next to him was rude especially since he was so freaking sappy to her How could I possibly find that offensive ??? when I went home and wouldn't answer my phone he came over I was livid he got the point but damn it took me losing my shit on him! BTW she has friends, and at the end of their convo she asked for $, I called it and he wasn't happy that I saw it before he did ummm dumbass you were married to her for 24 years you should know her better! 

I know this sounds really angry I am mad at him for something entirely unrelated today1

Career Woman, Wife and Mother of Two Children, a Girl and a Boy.

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM
DH 'did the right thing' and married BM because she was pregnant. She miscarried...he still got married. His best friend tried to convince him to run outside the church...he still got married. FIL told him at the reception that she was bipolar and they had kept it from him (grounds for annulment in the Catholic church)...he stayed. She couldn't keep a job and would quit after days or weeks over things like not being able to smoke on the grounds...he stayed. She went on spending sprees and oopened credit cards in his name behind his back...he stayed. It goes on and on until she took SD and left him while he was at work and drove seven states away to her parents' house. She lied and said he threatened to kill her and the baby. Still, he tried to save the marriage because he was raise in the Catholic church and marriage is a vow to God.

Were these red flags? No. These were blinking neon F-ING signs that she was beyond words nuts. However, he was a complete fool to not get out when he could. He was a fool to believe the crazy person. He was a fool to trust MIL's advice and not be more proactive with custody of SD. His time 'working on his marriage' allowed BM to establish residency in a Catholic, pro-BM state that gave her custody without ever hearing a word of the case.

I am desperately trying to let it go. Most days I think I have. BM is dead - that is gone. SD doesn't live here. That is less of an issue. Just when we have moved past it, we now get these hospital bills or calls from collection agencies (see other posts). How do I move past that? For $10, 20, 50, I'd just pay it and call it money well spent to not deal with it. However, these are for hundreds of dollars! And there is no sign of them stopping!
thecircus8
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Absolutely. DH married her. Granted, she was not a drug addict at the point. And he stayed for 4 1/2 years. Had two children. Unfortunately BM crazy has affected me.

Totally his choice.

Just like buying this ramshackle POS house. Now he is griping about having to work to fix. Especially today. You bought it I refuse to live in a house falling down around my ears the rest of my life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN