Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

mia ex's...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 16 Replies
I'm just curious. ..for the bm's...would you rather your children's father...your ex...have more of a roll in your child/ children's life? For the MIA husbands...would they like to see a more active bm? Why or why not?
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KLBrown
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Yes & no. I hate that they "don't have a dad". But the person he is now is in no way safe or healthy for them to be around. I wish he could be a decent human being and a good dad. But I guess if he was, I wouldn't have left in the first place.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I wont be able to answer that yet. My daughter will have to when she gets older. She's 18 and still not old enough to see if not having him around much has hurt. Or did it end up helping by keeping our lives relatively quiet and stress free? How does one answer that until the kids are adults and can maturely tell you how it made them feel?

SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I would have liked for him to have been the parent that DD deserved...but he opted out and I feel like that was in her best interest (whether that was what he was thinking at the time or not). Kids don't deserve to deal with parents who don't want to be parents.

momof2cuteboys
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I love that BF is pretty active in DS's life.  Would I like him to be more active.  I would hate for my son not to have his BF in his life.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Yes, we wish BM wasn't mia for the kids' sake.  They are doing just fine and have a good healthy mindset about it ATM, but I still hurt for them.

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:44 AM
3 moms liked this

I want him to pick a side and stay there. Be involved or be gone. This in and out crap is crap.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:49 AM
I wish my kids dad was more active than he was. I will admit to not being easy to deal with early on, and I regret it.
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Yes and no. No, because he is mentally ill and has been very violent and dangerous in the past.

Yes, because I feel like dd deserved to have both parents active in her life.

He made the choice that was best for her, in the end. But sometimes it does make me sad.
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:00 AM
I'd rather XH be out of their lives, but that's what *I* want, NOT what would be best for our boys. It would be better if BF played a bigger role in our boys lives, but he's not allowed to.
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:31 AM

My daughter's mentally delayed/autistic-she couldn't tell who that man is.....the only dad she knows is DH. If he couldn't bother being in her life for the last 10yrs....he can stay gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)