Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

speaking of child support

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 22 Replies
When DH's child support case was opened he was ordered to pay $180 a month based on BM's income of zero and his income of 40+ hours at 8.62 an hour.

Now he works 32 hours at 7.40 an hour plus .50 premium for 19 of those hours.

I don't know how his child support was set so low to begin with. When I use the MI CS calculator it comes out higher. (No daycare or insurance premiums)
So I'm wondering if his CS would go up at all if we had it reviewed.

The circumstances are still the same as they were when it started exempt that DH has one more child now and pays $55 a week in child care.

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GlockMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Do you want to pay more? I hope it isn't to pay even less. $180 a month....peanuts in the scheme of raising a child. And BM doesn't work? HOW is this child's basic needs being met on so little?
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Who is paying for this kids' needs? Honestly.

180/mo? Cripes. That pays for like.lunch.

your DH needs to look at some of the opportunities to get into a better job via the WF dev programs.  He can' t just do minimum wage and really care for a family.

Special3kids
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Dh's ex is supposed to pay $200 a month and half of all medical and school clothes per Co. But sent him an email that she flat out refused to pay unless a judge made her, so she hasn't paid anything for about 8 months. She says it's too much Lol, $200 is relatively nothing for a teenager.
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:24 PM
No not to pay less. DH wouldn't request a review. But BM probably would.

BM only gets $30 out of that $180. The state takes the rest.

Quoting GlockMom: Do you want to pay more? I hope it isn't to pay even less. $180 a month....peanuts in the scheme of raising a child. And BM doesn't work? HOW is this child's basic needs being met on so little?
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:26 PM
He's actually taking management classes right now. He hopes to move up in his company.

Quoting Birdseed:

Who is paying for this kids' needs? Honestly.

180/mo? Cripes. That pays for like.lunch.

your DH needs to look at some of the opportunities to get into a better job via the WF dev programs.  He can' t just do minimum wage and really care for a family.

Singlemama52
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM
55 a week!! Man that's good lol!! I pay 150 a week for daycare lol
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM

We're all paying for the kid

Quoting GlockMom: Do you want to pay more? I hope it isn't to pay even less. $180 a month....peanuts in the scheme of raising a child. And BM doesn't work? HOW is this child's basic needs being met on so little?

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Right??
This right here is why I am so for people making sure they don't get pregnant before they can actually somewhat support a kid.

Quoting Polkadotted:

We're all paying for the kid

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM
That's still good. When my son was in full day child care it was $220 a week. Now I pay $98 a week for 3:30-5:30
m-fri

Quoting Singlemama52: 55 a week!! Man that's good lol!! I pay 150 a week for daycare lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Singlemama52
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 10:53 PM
His used to be that but we changed daycares after they fed him yogurt when he's allergic to dairy. He was vomiting, having diarrhea and was miserable all day and they never once called me.

I never went back and found a much better one. Lol

Quoting momof2ex1: That's still good. When my son was in full day child care it was $220 a week. Now I pay $98 a week for 3:30-5:30

m-fri

Quoting Singlemama52: 55 a week!! Man that's good lol!! I pay 150 a week for daycare lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)