Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ots - potty training

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:30 AM
  • 17 Replies
So. Aside from homework, potty training was my least favorite part of parenting. I have a 19 year old so I think I can say that.

Well. In my experiences usually girls are ready to potty train a little earlier than boys. I have been through potty training my two older boys and witnessing ss5 being potty trained. All three were 3 years, 2 months. On average, most little girls I know are around 2 years, 6-9 months.

Tell me why my sister told me today that her three and a half year old "isn't ready yet"? I bit my tongue, hard. Lol my mom was telling me recently, that her daughter needs a good ass whipping. She was half kidding. Lol.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abigailsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I have been trying to potty train my Dd since she turned 18 months old, she'll be 3 in May and still NO success. She just plain doesn't want to do it, I've tried everything (I think)! She's driving me crazy! lol

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:49 AM
Ds just turned 4 and he's finally getting it now *hurray!* he's got some developmental delays though. He would refuse for the longest time and his preschool teacher would tell me to encourage him but not force it on him.

I agree w/you potty training is hard. Toddlers are cute, but cleaning up "accidents" is not lol
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:28 AM
My girls were so easy!!!! So so easy to potty train. My son took what felt like forever.
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter just decided to be potty trained one day and she was. My sons...not so much.

Potty training the two (three at the end of May) year old now. He was doing great until he had a Saturday with his dad. DH put him in diapers and did no potty time. DS hasn't peed on it since - weeks! Now it is a power struggle. Ugh
My 14 month old DD walked up to the potty sat on it. I asked if she wanted to pee pee. She was excited, so I was playing and took off her diaper. I was distracted by the phone and let her wander off - she peed on the carpet 10 seconds later! I am obviously focusing on the wrong child! She paused later and tilted her her. I asked if she was going pee pee and she ran to the potty. I may shift gears and potty train her first. It may be easier.
Ugh.
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this
What???!!! You mean this baby won't come out potty trained???!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh if only it was that easy ;-)

Quoting saywhat2102: What???!!! You mean this baby won't come out potty trained???!!!
ChelseNichole
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:36 AM
My parents always say that I was walking at 9months and potty trained before I was a year old. My mom said I couldn't stand to be in a wet diaper and would freak so it was really easy. I have a younger brother though and both say he was much more difficult. And I know he had bed wetting issues until he was like 9 as well, which I never had. lol
daddysgf
by and that's all on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Mine will.. I'm pretty sure she's going to come out as a 20lb toddler anyway.

Quoting saywhat2102: What???!!! You mean this baby won't come out potty trained???!!!

daddysgf
by and that's all on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Haha that was me too apparently. I was walking at 9 months and once, Mom had me at a doctors office and put me down on the floor. Some lady flipped out on her for putting a baby on the dirty floor... I had walked over to the toys ;)
My mom is the queen of potty training.. she somehow can potty train just about anyone. 

Quoting ChelseNichole: My parents always say that I was walking at 9months and potty trained before I was a year old. My mom said I couldn't stand to be in a wet diaper and would freak so it was really easy. I have a younger brother though and both say he was much more difficult. And I know he had bed wetting issues until he was like 9 as well, which I never had. lol

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:45 AM

My first DD was a breeze.  Potty trained fully (and at night) by 22 months.  Didn't even have to really work with her that hard. She started daycare when I started working, at 23 months, and would actually HOLD IT ALL DAY for the firt few weeks.  

The second?  She started showing all the signs of potty training around 18 months, same as the first. I brought the potty chair back out and she was almost completely trained.  Went on a vacation when she was 25 months and she refused to go potty for a while after that.  Now, she's almost 3 and has been for a couple months but I admit, I wasn't really trying, just letting her take the reigns because she's stubborn and would flat out refuse.

All kids are different but... at 3.5 most kids should at least have started the process.  I know a mom, though, who waited till around then because she just didn't want to deal with it... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)