Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VDay Party

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

YSS valentines day party was a success.

i arrived just as they were handing out valentines. Apparently Mom sent him with a plastic grocery sack and nothing to share. He looked embarrassed and wasn't participating.  

I told the class that the cupcakes I brought in with me for part of the party were from him. His face lit up, he had fun handing out the cupcakes and telling everyone happy valentines day.

feel free to call me an overstepper.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdseed
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Why did she do that?  Guess it was good for him that you were there.  But that just seems odd that she'd send him empty handed?

whatIknownow
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:17 PM

He didnt' have valentines to hand out?

KarmaBusDriver
by ChiefBottleWasher on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Don't know, I have given up trying to figure out why she does or doesn't do things.

Quoting Birdseed:

Why did she do that?  Guess it was good for him that you were there.  But that just seems odd that she'd send him empty handed?

KarmaBusDriver
by ChiefBottleWasher on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Correct

eta: all she had to do is mention something to dad and dad would have covered it. But they spent the last 2 nights at her house, she got the email from the teacher about that they were doing valentines exchange  and homemade boxes were encouraged..

Quoting whatIknownow:

He didnt' have valentines to hand out?

FreedomTruth
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM

My kid is in 2nd grade. I asked him for two weeks if he wanted to go out for VDay supplies. He kept saying no. I told him if he waited until the last minute it was all on him to do. Two nights ago he said he wanted to get the stuff. He was on his own decorating and doing the cards. He did them, and then told everyone I refused to help. It could have been like above where the kid did not want to do it until last minute. Do not assume what happened in that house.

OvrMyHead
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Glad you went and made the party special for him.

jlg12678
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:52 PM

How dare you. :)

HalfDozenKids06
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I sent my kid to school with Valentines Day cards. He left them in his backpack and never handed them out. Im sure all the other parents think Im a crappy mom now though.

His reasoning behind not handing them out is because my daughter has a stomach virus, so I told them we would postpone our plans for tonight until tomorrow night. So he thought he was supposed to hand out his cards tomorrow. He did still collect all the other kids cards though...

My point: maybe there was a reason behind him not having any cards to give out.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

You're such an overstepper  blowing kissesgood job on coming to the rescue!!

KarmaBusDriver
by ChiefBottleWasher on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I never assume.  He just home an hour ago and told me exactly what happened and it's really sad.
But I refuse to turn this into a BM bashing post.

Quoting FreedomTruth:

My kid is in 2nd grade. I asked him for two weeks if he wanted to go out for VDay supplies. He kept saying no. I told him if he waited until the last minute it was all on him to do. Two nights ago he said he wanted to get the stuff. He was on his own decorating and doing the cards. He did them, and then told everyone I refused to help. It could have been like above where the kid did not want to do it until last minute. Do not assume what happened in that house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)