Because apparently the SD16 updates will never end..ER bill details
SD is not doing well. DH is waiting to determine how bad it is when he talks to the therapist. SD's view is distorted by the bipolar, as are her interactions, I believe. The entire situation is a mess! In three months, she is on her THIRD romantic involvement! The first resulted in social isolation since the love interest of a cheerleader friend asked her out instead of the cheerleader and she is now banished from that group - this is SD's version. Since she was not allowed to date, why was she flirting enough for anyone to ask her out? The second one was a girl - being denied permission to date her is what triggered the suicide attempt (so that's two romances in three weeks home/ two weeks of school!). She had some guy threaten her and was too afraid to go to one class, so that is now done on computer. She is taking other cyber classes to graduate early. Everyone is happy about this - of course she wants to graduate early! Every time she dates a boy, she LOVES him instantly and plans to move put with him as soon as she turns 18!!! There is more...there is always more....
I don't know that I need advice or sympathy or anything...I just needed to get it out. For our marriage and family to be able to move forward, we had this child go to a 'better home for her', as MIL told us. This crap didn't happen here!!!!!!!! The worst day was NEVER this bad here!!!!!
Background: SD16 came to live with us when she was 11 from BM. DH was LD dad with ten weeks of visitation per year. SD has told about abuse from SF and neglect from BM who was bipolar/schizo affective. SD immediately began multiple therapies to address wide ranging issues. She was very resistant to participating. As she got older, more issues emerged. BM died in an incredibly drawn out mentally ill way that screwed her up more. BM's parents are alcoholics and have done their own damage to SD. MIL hates HopesNDreams, is not a nice person and did more than her fair share of neglectful/abusive parenting to DH. However, she has always been a caring, if odd, GM to SD.
SD coming back to our home is NOT an option:
1. She has caused significant emotional damage to the teens who still live there.
2. DH owns his own business, works nights and weekends, and is not available to parent or participate in therapy.
3. Emotionally, SD cannot blame any of the adults who have actually failed her in life, including DH, so she blames Hopes. MIL encourages this.
4. CPS case manager has said that when SD is unstable, such as now, she represents a danger to the two toddlers in the house.
5. DH was offered the option of moving out with SD, without a divorce, until such time as she could manage on her own.