Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SS's attendance records!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:26 AM
  • 74 Replies
So DH is in contact with SS's school and they regularly send him attendance records and progress reports.

(It's head start, so not mandatory)

But come on!

Since the beginning for December he has had 43 scheduled school days. He's only been there 18 days.

That's less than half.
5 of those days he was out for "child illness" one day was "no transportation" and the rest are unexcused. 12 unexcused absences.

He goes in the afternoon. Like 12:45 to 3:15. Last DH heard, BM's brother said BM doesn't wake up in time to take him.

Like I said, not mandatory. But it makes me wonder how next year will be when he is kindergarten or young 5's, goes all day, and has to be there at 7:30 am. (And no busses either because they live too close to the school)
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:29 AM
It probably wouldn't be as big of a deal if SS were up to speed academically. But he's behind. DH thought he might have a delay of some sort. But now he thinks he just misses too much school.
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:56 AM
The head start here would have kicked him out already... Maybe mom doesn't really have any desire to send him to preschool maybe she's spending the last year with him at home at hime
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Last year, when SS was in kindergarten he missed seventeen days. He was tardy about twenty different times.

This year, he's missed four days (all were valid sick days) and has only been tardy twice.

It's frustrating, but maybe BM will take school more seriously when it's 'official'.
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:09 AM

If that were her decision, that would be acceptable and not make DH or I worry about next year. But she is still sending him some of the time, he is currently still enrolled. 

His attendance started out good. 

Sept he had 100% (but that was only 5 days)

October 68%

November 56% 

Now he's down to 40% total for the year.

Quoting amantonacci: The head start here would have kicked him out already... Maybe mom doesn't really have any desire to send him to preschool maybe she's spending the last year with him at home at hime

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:11 AM

When my son was in head start last year, if I didn't call him in they called me. he must maintain an average of 85% attendance. 

Quoting amantonacci: The head start here would have kicked him out already... Maybe mom doesn't really have any desire to send him to preschool maybe she's spending the last year with him at home at hime

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:17 AM
She's also had a lot going on this past couple of months right?

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

If that were her decision, that would be acceptable and not make DH or I worry about next year. But she is still sending him some of the time, he is currently still enrolled. 

October 68%

November 56% 

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Here it's like 90% unless there is a documented illness, but there is only like 30 spots in our area

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

When my son was in head start last year, if I didn't call him in they called me. he must maintain an average of 85% attendance. 

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:22 AM

She had a lot going on in August thru jan. his attendance gets worse and worse. but all of that is behind her now. i just looked at the records myself, SS hasn't been toschool since february 6th with no excused absences. 

Quoting amantonacci: She's also had a lot going on this past couple of months right?

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

October 68%

November 56% 

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM

only 30 spots? wow.. do you live in a small, less populated area?

there are about 20 spots per class here. that means afternoon and morning, there are two locations, and each location has 5 classes. so.. about 400 total.

Quoting amantonacci: Here it's like 90% unless there is a documented illness, but there is only like 30 spots in our area

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Honestly with everything else going on I wouldn't worry about preschool. I know it sucks that he took up a spot someone else could have utilized but on the bright side at least it's not a preschool you guys had to pay a portion of.

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

She had a lot going on in August thru jan. his attendance gets worse and worse. but all of that is behind her now. i just looked at the records myself, SS hasn't been toschool since february 6th with no excused absences. 

Quoting amantonacci: She's also had a lot going on this past couple of months right?

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

October 68%

November 56% 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN