Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

****TINY STUPID UPDATE, BOTTOM OF PAGE 6******UPDATE IN REPLIES**** Send me strength tomorrow morning ladies!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM
  • 77 Replies
Tomorrow morning we meet with SD16's therapist. In typical overly dramatic fashion, SD has 'banned all contact' with me (14 is the age of mental health consent in our state). DH informed the therapist that I am his mental health consultant and as such he has the right to have me present. Apparently, this is acceptable (cue my eyes rolling).

If you can't visualize what this will look like, here goes: the therapist can't speak directly to me, nor I to him (no word on whether I may invite him into the house or offer him coffee! I may just stand mute in the doorway! Ha!) DH and the therapist may speak freely and I can sit there. If I have a question, I can ask DH, who must repeat it to the therapist verbatim in order to have it answered. All of this will occur in our living room with two toddlers running amok just to add some added fun and flavor!

I have had six migraines in the last nine days over this insanity.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
LMFAO have fun!
Boobear110
by Audra on Feb. 23, 2014 at 7:52 PM
5 moms liked this

Holy lord above. That is probably the most insane thing I have ever heard. 

They give these kids way to much authority with this stuff. Yet we are still financially responsible for them. It's bullshit,

good luck tomorrow. 

Strength and peace to you, 

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

oh lord....  good luck with that.  good thoughts to you. Hopefully tou have some alcohol for later.

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

14 is a crazy/stupid age to give children that right.  I understand with some things (say BC if you are sexually active and your parents won't let you.  Not that sex at 14 would be good but at least it's more responsible...) but mental health?  Really?  Mentally sound 14 year olds do not know what's best for them most of the time, especially when they are angry and things get heated.  Letting a child have that say over their mental health when it is obvious they arent' in the right place to properly care for themselves?  That's just ignorant.

Sorry.  good luck tomorrow.  

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this
My darling DH bought me a half case of my favorite wine!

Quoting Polkadotted:

oh lord....  good luck with that.  good thoughts to you. Hopefully tou have some alcohol for later.

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:10 PM
I know! The best part is that these therapist are supposed to help our family with the issues caused bybSD when she was here. I'm very interested to hear what the plan is for that if he is not allowed to acknowledge my existence.

I'm thinking of sitting under a sheet....too much???? ;)

Quoting AmericanDream:

14 is a crazy/stupid age to give children that right.  I understand with some things (say BC if you are sexually active and your parents won't let you.  Not that sex at 14 would be good but at least it's more responsible...) but mental health?  Really?  Mentally sound 14 year olds do not know what's best for them most of the time, especially when they are angry and things get heated.  Letting a child have that say over their mental health when it is obvious they arent' in the right place to properly care for themselves?  That's just ignorant.

court_1989
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Bump for update
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
The image of you sitting in the meeting under a sheet is hilarious! Perhaps one of those full spandex body suits that were popular last Halloween.
I am simply appalled that your state thinks 14 is an acceptable age to have a say over their mental health.

Quoting HopesNDreams: I know! The best part is that these therapist are supposed to help our family with the issues caused bybSD when she was here. I'm very interested to hear what the plan is for that if he is not allowed to acknowledge my existence.

I'm thinking of sitting under a sheet....too much???? ;)

Quoting AmericanDream:

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Put a paper bag over your head saying I'm not here. I know its not the therapist's call to do this. Poor dude is just doing his job. I know I would feel like an ass if I walked into your house today lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peytonsmom6308
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe hide behind the couch, only ask dh questions in small notes passed over the back of the couch lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN