BM is renting a new house (her 9th or 10th in less than 4 years) and has decided she wants to change ss's school. She says it's bc the other school is better, but in actuality it's just bc her house is literally in the school's school zone. There's no difference between his school now and this one. We've actually had friends complain about this particular school and tell us we shouldn't switch him. Our concerns are that he just got used to his school now, knows everyone, and is starting to do well now when he had a rough start and what if she moves yet again...we aren't zoned for that school. What if he has to switch schools again the next year? The big question is when should we go to mediation over it? I can't remember when it is you sign up for school but I don't think it's much time before school starts back. Should we do it now or wait until she actually enrolls him?
We currently are using our address for schools and have used our address since sd8 started school. Custody is split 50/50 we switch every Monday. Shes primary solely for child support reasons any other decisions are joint per parenting plan.
UPDATE: We have reached a decision for a game plan. We are going to talk BM about it first and if that gets us no where talk to his lawyer about what the next step would be. DH isn't just going to stand by and let her switch his school.
on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM