Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why...

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM
  • 26 Replies
Would you slap your child in the face for calling their Father without your permission? *sigh*
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

ummm.... why would you slap your child in the face for any reason, would be my question.

Closet_Case
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Exactly

Quoting whatIknownow:

ummm.... why would you slap your child in the face for any reason, would be my question.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:58 PM

yes that would be my question.

Quoting whatIknownow:

***Briterican***

RitaTequila531
by HushBreatheRelax on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Wow!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jules2boys
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM

I don't know, it's never crossed my mind to have my kids ask permission to call their BF.  They're free to call him anytime, from any phone.  (they don't, but they know they're free to)

Closet_Case
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Stepdaughter called her dad on her mom's phone (without mom's permission), mom caught her and hung up the phone. She slapped SD for not asking permission first then made her call her dad back and tell him why she got hit (making it out to be sd and dad's fault as to why sd got hit).
Mom then tried to talk to dad and explain to him her reasoning for hitting sd so he hung up and called the sheriff...

Quoting jules2boys:

I don't know, it's never crossed my mind to have my kids ask permission to call their BF.  They're free to call him anytime, from any phone.  (they don't, but they know they're free to)

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Wtf? I'm sorry I've never had that problem. It sounds crazy. Neither DH or myself have EVER slapped the kids for calling BM. I'm pretty sure she's never slapped them for calling DH either.
Birdseed
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Out of curiosity, when did getting slapped become an actionable offense? I ask only because I got slapped all the damned time. My mother was abusive so there's that--slapping wasn't considered abuse.  No one ever seemed concerned about something like that.  Or spanking.  Corporal punishment that doesn't leave marks was never something in our training that was considered actionable.  Why did your DH call LO's?Is there more to it?

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I would never.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Whoa! I would say that is a mild over reaction! Wtf!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured