Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Visitation Issues

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:28 AM
  • 61 Replies
My husband's ex girlfriend and I had a disagreement. Her way of getting back at him is to not to allow me to pick up my step son. She told him if he can't pick him up himself then he would not be able to get visitation that weekend. Is this legal?
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:31 AM
If it's his court ordered visitation time and she doesn't hand her son over to your husband she is in violation and can be held in contempt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tmoe8
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:46 AM
She has no problem handing him over to him. It's that she says I can not pick him up.
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:47 AM

But she's talking about handing the child over to the father's wife, not the father.

It might be legal. Why can't your husband go get the child himself?

What was the argument about?

Quoting owl0210: If it's his court ordered visitation time and she doesn't hand her son over to your husband she is in violation and can be held in contempt.

dominic062407
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Bump
owl0210
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM
It all depends on how specific their custody order is. If step-mom is not authorized to pick the child up then biomom doesn't have to hand the child over.

Quoting whatIknownow:

But she's talking about handing the child over to the father's wife, not the father.

It might be legal. Why can't your husband go get the child himself?

What was the argument about?

Quoting owl0210: If it's his court ordered visitation time and she doesn't hand her son over to your husband she is in violation and can be held in contempt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:51 AM
It depends on what your county's standard reads.
owl0210
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Are you in their orders for pick up?

Quoting tmoe8: She has no problem handing him over to him. It's that she says I can not pick him up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tmoe8
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM
She has no problem handing him over to him. It's that she says I can not pick him up.
tmoe8
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Where can I find the county standards? Should I consult an attorney?
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM

wouldn't the simplest thing be to just have your husband go pick up his child himself? Why is he unable to go himself?

Quoting tmoe8: Where can I find the county standards? Should I consult an attorney?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured