Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

****UPDATE FROM THE MEETING, PAGE 3****Take 2! Will it happen this time? Stay tuned!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:51 PM
  • 43 Replies
Well, SD gave permission for the therapist to speak with me in the room or 'lifted the embargo', as DH is calling it. He is now supposed to come tomorrow morning at 9am. The only thing he would say over the phone is 'she is not doing well'. Nooooooo! You are kidding???? I am simply shocked!!!! Sarcasm dripping there if you missed it.

DH and I will likely be looking into long term placements after the conversation. If nothing else, we want to have something ready in case she needs it that is high quality and appropriate, not just 'available' and 'covered'.
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck tomorrow! 

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Good luck.  Was this therapist one who saw her while she was an inpatient?  Seems like she was not 'better' when she was released.  Wonder what the therapist will say about that. 

Glad to hear that you are looking at placements for her.

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM
He was part of the team that transitioned her out, but only saw her during the last two weeks or so of inpatient time.

She was definitely released too soon. MIL and DH wanted her out. The inpatient team felt she could best work on her issues at home. I wonder what they would think now???

Quoting OvrMyHead:

Good luck.  Was this therapist one who saw her while she was an inpatient?  Seems like she was not 'better' when she was released.  Wonder what the therapist will say about that. 

Glad to hear that you are looking at placements for her.

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh lordly... glued to my seat!
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:19 PM
DH told me I needed to stop obsessing over this. To be clear, 'obsessing' means that i needed to stop worrying out loud on a daily basis on the lack of any contact about whether or not his daughter was going to kill herself. Okay...fine. I told him that he had a choice: either he resolves this and gets answers or I will stop obsessing because to me SD and MIL will be dead. I will no longer talk about, help with, or discuss them in any way. Any hour later, this was scheduled.

Quoting thecircus8: Oh lordly... glued to my seat!
thecircus8
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice one hopes... I am about to kill my DH. I swear to God that I am never remodeling anything again.

Its got to be the weather... I am so glad that your DH took you seriously....

Quoting HopesNDreams: DH told me I needed to stop obsessing over this. To be clear, 'obsessing' means that i needed to stop worrying out loud on a daily basis on the lack of any contact about whether or not his daughter was going to kill herself. Okay...fine. I told him that he had a choice: either he resolves this and gets answers or I will stop obsessing because to me SD and MIL will be dead. I will no longer talk about, help with, or discuss them in any way. Any hour later, this was scheduled.

Quoting thecircus8: Oh lordly... glued to my seat!
Boobear110
by Audra on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Good luck tomorrow. 

Boys are just dumbasses sometimes 

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!

pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck to you all. Have you researched facilities?
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Not since before she was admitted over a year ago. The only other residential facility is four hours away from our home. It looked nice, but we rejected it due to the distance. Now, it is looking better due to the distance from the city. We had been assured that the place she had been at was very suburban, however the population did not work out that way while she was there. We were told it was very unusual that 80% of the other girls were from the inner city, several were gang members. As we were looking for a placement that was quiet and could cater to her internalizing behaviors, girls who were openly fighting each other just did not do it.
Ideally, I'd like to find a school for girls with emotional disorders - something therapeutic, but with less likelihood of surrounding her with girls constantly just leaving the moment of crisis. It will also give her a chance to graduate high school.
Thanks for the good wishes!

Quoting pseudomamma: Good luck to you all. Have you researched facilities?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN