Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

One thing that really gets under your skin about step life

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 84 Replies

I don't mind the money, I don't mind the drama, I don't mind the fact that our lives will forever be fused to BM's.. Nope! I knew all of that coming in !

What I absolutely cannot stand ... The last minue shit !!

OMG - currently, we are unsure whether SD is going to visit for Spring Break or not. Wait - it gets better. Her spring break is in 3.5 weeks !!

So I set up a sitter, and budgeted the money for fun stuff, but I won't make reservations at the indoor water park, until I'm sure she's going to come - which won't be until she is in the car with DH on her way here, so we run the risk of not being able to get a room because they are running an amazing sale that weekend.

UGH - What is the one thing about step life that makes you say " Fuck this shit "

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3munschkins
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:10 PM
5 moms liked this

Frank answer:  BM

....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO RIGHT

Quoting 3munschkins:

Closet_Case
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
The way she treats BF no matter what the conversation is about.

Quoting 3munschkins:

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

The one thing that bothers me the most is the emotional abuse that goes on and the fact that no one can do anything about it. SD's counselor knows, our attorney knows, at this point I'm fairly certain the judge suspects it; but there's no solid proof to do anything about it.

pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM

The one thing that I hate is the double standard.  For example, SD was grounded from the phone, BM would call and say 'but that doesn't include me'.  Or they were doing homework and she would expect us to interrupt them.  And she said several times 'because I'm the mom'.  Next time DH calls to talk to SK, BM says 'I don't think now is a good time' 'SK doesn't want to talk to you' 'you'll have to wait, SK busy'.

We had the same last minute thing.  Still do with JR.  We always made a contingency plan.  We have custody, so when she changes at the last minute, it means we get to keep him.  That's a bonus.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I think that vacations are pretty much our nemesis.

It doesn't matter how simple or complicated the planning is, it doesn't matter if it was agreed upon months in advance or not, there is ALWAYS drama surrounding vacations.  Doesn't matter if it's all 100% happening on DH's time or not.

DH has always been flexible with BM and lets her take more than a week vacation if she asks for it. No big deal.  So I don't understand at all why it is the way it is with BM.

Since our SB trip got loused up by BM, I've decided that I'm going to plan the summer trip (currently approved by BM) such that if for some reason the kids can't go at the last minute, we won't be out anything.  I'm not going to plan activities that require far advance reservations per person.  I'll find a VRBO, I'll set us up in places with lots of options and if the kids can't come, well...so be it. Other than the plane ticket to Paris (which the gov't gets a special rate on), we'll travel by train rather than flying so no tickets have to be bought in advance.

I'm going to make sure this is an awesome vacay for DH and me no matter what BM pulls.  I'll just have it BM proof! 

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:44 PM

nothing about my stepkids or bm makes me feel like that. thankfully! lol

her and SO are pretty reasonable.

there was one point where she was dramatic and the worst she did was make some asinine comment about how SO should have used the money he spent on a birthday gift on ME, to instead take the boys to a movie or something...

it was then i realized she found my instagram, so i promptly blocked her and anyone i knew that knows her (like sister, etc) and no major issues since. =)

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM

as for my ex and his g/f? fuck that. i don't even walk up to the house to drop my kids off. there have been countless "encounters" with him and her. i refuse to deal with either of them.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:39 PM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, the things that bother me the most are personal issues that I'm working on.

I don't have kids of my own (yet), and I feel like I can be a little too strict with SS. Sometimes his behavior annoys me a little too quickly. But I'm working in it.

Also, I think I worry about BM's possible reaction a bit too much. Things are much better now, but the 'first years' are always in the back of my mind.
michelle71115
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hands down it's the BM!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)