Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Had a come to Jesus talk with my husband

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM
  • 33 Replies

My husband and his daughter have always had the best relationship. I'll be honest, in my early days of being a stepmom, I was jealous of the bond they have!Yup, I can admit that, because I learned from it..

SD moved to another state in August and since then, DH has been less involved than he should be. In fact, he hasn't been involved in her day to day life at all. Granted, BM makes it difficult, but he should at least be trying and he hasn't been.

So the other night, I got a few drinks in me and went on a rant about how he's going to lose her all together if he doesn't step up his game. He tells her he will send her something and then he doesn't. He tells her he will call before bed, and then calls 10 minutes after her bedtime..

Now when he does call on time, BM doesn't answer the phone, BM doesn't tell him what's going on - but I gave him the website to SD's school calander and told him to call the school and find out what spirit day is. If it's anything like DS's school, then send her a hair tie that is in her school colors, or a t-shirt with her school name on it..

Ask her if she's doing any fund raising. Ask BM if he can mail her a box of snacks for a class party.. Be involved!!!

I work in a mail center, it's not like the shit can't get mailed - but you have to give it to me to do so!!!

So today, he handed me a box of chocolates and a picture he colored for SD and asked me to mail them..

Good !!!! He already has an envelope ready with Monster High stickers to send out on Friday.

He says he wants to start sending something once or twice a week !! GOOD !!!

So what are some ideas of inexpensive items that he can send to her, that you would give to your child if you saw them on a day to day basis.

Pictures colored, coloring book and crayons, books to read, nail polish, stickers, tattoos, candy, bedtime snacks..

I need ideas guys - She is 6, and a girly girl to the fullest !!

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thecircus8
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Hair stuff, lip gloss, lalaloopsy/MLP/whatever she is into minis, cards-my LOs love to get cards... those 99cent coloring packs, anything with sparkle/glitter/something to make...

It sounds like he has a good start! And good for him....
....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Thank you - I'm compiling a list of ideas for when he runs out of ideas =)

Quoting thecircus8: Hair stuff, lip gloss, lalaloopsy/MLP/whatever she is into minis, cards-my LOs love to get cards... those 99cent coloring packs, anything with sparkle/glitter/something to make... It sounds like he has a good start! And good for him....

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
My ex sends stuff like that to DD4 and DD6, they eat it up!

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting thecircus8: Hair stuff, lip gloss, lalaloopsy/MLP/whatever she is into minis, cards-my LOs love to get cards... those 99cent coloring packs, anything with sparkle/glitter/something to make...

....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM

She's having a fund raiser at school, to bring pennies in. We seriously have like 100$ in pennies..He can send a handful in =)

I think how awesome would that be if he just KNEW she was collecting pennies for school

Quoting thecircus8: My ex sends stuff like that to DD4 and DD6, they eat it up!
Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting thecircus8: Hair stuff, lip gloss, lalaloopsy/MLP/whatever she is into minis, cards-my LOs love to get cards... those 99cent coloring packs, anything with sparkle/glitter/something to make... It sounds like he has a good start! And good for him....

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Lol... my kids loove when I "know" something... the LOs get a huge kick out of it, and the teens think its awesome, but would rather die than say that. It just makes them feel special. I text my Ex silly things about the girls and he brings it up during Skype and they just think he is marvelous!

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

She's having a fund raiser at school, to bring pennies in. We seriously have like 100$ in pennies..He can send a handful in =)

I think how awesome would that be if he just KNEW she was collecting pennies for school

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting thecircus8: Hair stuff, lip gloss, lalaloopsy/MLP/whatever she is into minis, cards-my LOs love to get cards... those 99cent coloring packs, anything with sparkle/glitter/something to make...

....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM

haha that is awesome!

She was able to take a stuffed animal to school today - they are having a special Dr.Seuss week and today's theme was "If I ran the zoo" - they could bring in stuffed animals. I told him to make sure that he brought it up if he gets to talk to her. 

He's giving BM until 7 PM to let him talk to SD or he's calling for a Welfare check. It's been since February 13th, since BM has let him talk to SD. She will answer, then pick a fight and then hang up on him and won't let SD talk to him..

He is genuinely getting worried now. BM's mom said she would drive over there and check on SD.. but come on!

Quoting thecircus8: Lol... my kids loove when I "know" something... the LOs get a huge kick out of it, and the teens think its awesome, but would rather die than say that. It just makes them feel special. I text my Ex silly things about the girls and he brings it up during Skype and they just think he is marvelous!
Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Even in the most difficult part of the divorce-the two.months after I left. I never didn't let the girls talk to him. I am not proud of my behavior during that time. I posted stupid crap.on FB and I was so angry. His behavior was bad too. After that period we have gotten along really well and are friends. He calls to complain about his love life...YAY.

Anyways. I don't get women like that. And I would call for a welfare check too. I hope he can get in contact...

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

haha that is awesome!

She was able to take a stuffed animal to school today - they are having a special Dr.Seuss week and today's theme was "If I ran the zoo" - they could bring in stuffed animals. I told him to make sure that he brought it up if he gets to talk to her. 

He's giving BM until 7 PM to let him talk to SD or he's calling for a Welfare check. It's been since February 13th, since BM has let him talk to SD. She will answer, then pick a fight and then hang up on him and won't let SD talk to him..

He is genuinely getting worried now. BM's mom said she would drive over there and check on SD.. but come on!

Quoting thecircus8: Lol... my kids loove when I "know" something... the LOs get a huge kick out of it, and the teens think its awesome, but would rather die than say that. It just makes them feel special. I text my Ex silly things about the girls and he brings it up during Skype and they just think he is marvelous!

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Boobear110
by Audra on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM

How about he gets the rainbow loom and makes her a bracelet  or necklace.? You can get little charms to put on them too. Or he can video a message from you guys and send it CD for her to see. That way she can she Dad and you . You just had a baby ,right? 

A little note from the baby for big sister? 

....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM

THe loom idea is a good one - actually my niece has been making things with it.. purses, belts, etc.

Yes, we just had a baby and she has a step brother here too - but it would be a bad idea to include me or my kids in anything.

BM sees a psychologist, and her mother has informed us that the psychologist is very concerned about BM and her inability to accept that DH has the family life that she always wanted. So we try our best not to bring up our family to her..

I would LOVE to send her pictures and such of her brother, but she got in trouble after Christmas for taking home a family picture of us =(

Quoting Boobear110:

How about he gets the rainbow loom and makes her a bracelet  or necklace.? You can get little charms to put on them too. Or he can video a message from you guys and send it CD for her to see. That way she can she Dad and you . You just had a baby ,right? 

Boobear110
by Audra on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM

That is so sad. I don't understand how some people behave. 

Ok let me think. My SD is 8 so they are pretty close in age. Is she into Monster High or Happily Ever After ? 

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

THe loom idea is a good one - actually my niece has been making things with it.. purses, belts, etc.

Yes, we just had a baby and she has a step brother here too - but it would be a bad idea to include me or my kids in anything.

BM sees a psychologist, and her mother has informed us that the psychologist is very concerned about BM and her inability to accept that DH has the family life that she always wanted. So we try our best not to bring up our family to her..

I would LOVE to send her pictures and such of her brother, but she got in trouble after Christmas for taking home a family picture of us =(

Quoting Boobear110:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)