Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Parent Alienation

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
  • 133 Replies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_alienation

What do you think about this? Have experience with it?

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's happening at BMs. Luckily my SD loves her dad and respects him. Not quite sure what is said over at BM's about him...but I do know she tells SD she doesn't like me. So I would guess it doesn't stop there...

lillettemomma
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I live it....I haven't seen my son in 7 months even though I have a CO that says eowe and a phone call every night and nope I get neither..... and I don't have the money to take him back to court and have no one backing me..... my ex won't even show my son's picture of his soon to be sister.....it's frikken ridiculous
cmb0081
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM

If you don't mind me asking, how old is SD? How long do you think it's been going on?

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

I think it's happening at BMs. Luckily my SD loves her dad and respects him. Not quite sure what is said over at BM's about him...but I do know she tells SD she doesn't like me. So I would guess it doesn't stop there...

cmb0081
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Quoting lillettemomma: I live it....I haven't seen my son in 7 months even though I have a CO that says eowe and a phone call every night and nope I get neither..... and I don't have the money to take him back to court and have no one backing me..... my ex won't even show my son's picture of his soon to be sister.....it's frikken ridiculous

Sorry to hear that! Do you mind me asking how old your son is?

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM

She just turned 6 last month. DH and BM have not been together for about 4 years now and I have been married to him almost a year. I would guess it's been happening since she found out about me. When I first moved in here my SD told DH and I that her mom said she doesn't have to listen to me. Then one drop off there was a hair cutting incident and BM yelled at me across the gas station...so the next time we had SD I heard my DD and SD talking about how her mom doesn't like me and I asked if her mom told her that and she said yes. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it's been going on since she found out about DH and I.

Quoting cmb0081:

If you don't mind me asking, how old is SD? How long do you think it's been going on?

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

Silent_Sea
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Yes, I believe it. It comes in all shapes and forms. 

What is going on in your situation?

Sarlinda
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM

This has been our nightmare for a while now. Dh's ex has turned their dd against both of us for no reason. It's coming back on his ex now bc their dd is turning against her too. ( sd is 15)

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

you aren't experiencing parental alienation. You are experiencing the product of your choices.

Quoting lillettemomma: I live it....I haven't seen my son in 7 months even though I have a CO that says eowe and a phone call every night and nope I get neither..... and I don't have the money to take him back to court and have no one backing me..... my ex won't even show my son's picture of his soon to be sister.....it's frikken ridiculous

***Briterican***

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM

BM has tried it a few times. Luckily, it was stopped before too much damage was done.

I have seen serious effects of PSA though. The BM of my stepdad's kids seriously alienated my stepbrothers from our family. They are adults now and still trying to work through the damage that was done. It's very unfortunate.

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Because she moved 3 hours away and has no car/no money to get him which would require her ex to bring the son to her and pick him up and she moved into a home that the child is not allowed to spend the night at. Oh and then there is the whole having multiple kids with a unstable schizophrenic.

Quoting mb1111:

Why don't you just go get him or call the police?  I would probably opt to get a fairly inexpensive attorney and go to court then I would ask that the other parent have to pay my attorney fees since he is the one not following the court order.  I'm usually against making the other parent pay court fees, but since you would be taking him to court because he is not following the CO I would have no problem asking in that situation.

***Briterican***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)