Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

being the stepmom

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
  • 19 Replies
What should I do if my step daughter disrespected me and her father doesn't do anything? Also what to do when the mother trust to make the rules in our home but she gave us the daughter.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RitaTequila531
by HushBreatheRelax on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't understand the second part but any issues I have with a step child, I'd take up with her parent, the one I married.
If he wont do anything, reevaluate your position in his life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepdiva
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I usually just ignored them. Screw it, not worth the battle. My DH would never take my side. He has never had my back. I only found all that out after we were married though.
I'm still here because it's easier than moving right now. And I feel a stupid sense of obligation.
cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That's sad. You should value yourself more.

Quoting stepdiva: I usually just ignored them. Screw it, not worth the battle. My DH would never take my side. He has never had my back. I only found all that out after we were married though.
I'm still here because it's easier than moving right now. And I feel a stupid sense of obligation.
stepdiva
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM
I know. And thanks. I'm trying.

Quoting cdrainey3: That's sad. You should value yourself more.

Quoting stepdiva: I usually just ignored them. Screw it, not worth the battle. My DH would never take my side. He has never had my back. I only found all that out after we were married though.
VetteW
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 5:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks ladies! I'm just so frustrated with this whole matter. This mess is something I was not ready for because I raised my child and now I'm ready to do me, not ready for another woman to drop the ball when it comes time to raising their own. My husband needs to step up to the plate or I will have to reevaluate where we stand with each other.
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:21 AM
So then find a man that has grown children already if this one isn't willing to raise his
RitaTequila531
by HushBreatheRelax on Mar. 6, 2014 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
:0(
*hugs*
But life is way too short and too precious to be unhappy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepdiva
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I know and thanks for your support.

Quoting RitaTequila531: :0(
*hugs*

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would you get involved with a man that has children if you are done with kids and wanted to do you?

Quoting VetteW: Thanks ladies! I'm just so frustrated with this whole matter. This mess is something I was not ready for because I raised my child and now I'm ready to do me, not ready for another woman to drop the ball when it comes time to raising their own. My husband needs to step up to the plate or I will have to reevaluate where we stand with each other.

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel ya. I really do. It's hard and once you have 11 years invested...well, sometimes it's just easier to stay. Grass isn't always greener is it? I'm trying to focus on me and let whatever he chooses not effect me or mine.

OSS22 was a rat bastard to his ex who he created a little one with. Brought another girl home to share THEIR bed while she worked overnight about a month ago. Guess who shows up at MY house wanting to introduce the OW to the fam the other day? Yep. OSS. Well, sorry loser....not happening. I told DH I wasn't feeling it and I was fairly certain I wouldn't be able to tell them both what I thought about them so I wasn't forced to meet her. But really, DH? You wanna meet the next baby momma? Bc it's only a matter of time before he makes another one he won't take care of. SMDH.

Quoting stepdiva: I know and thanks for your support.

Quoting RitaTequila531: :0(
*hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)