Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

DH and I have such a hard time when the kids are with BM and sick...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:44 PM
  • 46 Replies
DH and I really think BM has some obsession with the kids being sick. It's almost like she likes for them to be sick. Every time they get sick she exaggerates the truth and makes it out to be 10x worse than it is. We hate it when they are sick over there bc we don't know what to believe. There were times she has told DH that so and so had a fever of such and such but turned out she didn't even have a thermometer and checked their temp by feeling of their forehead...per kids. So needless to say we don't trust anything that comes out of her mouth when they are sick and that's not good. Another thing about her is she lied and faked having cancer. She will still say she has it if asked but come on now. I'm an RN for one and was in nursing school when she first told DH. She also gave him a spill about treatment which made absolutely no sense. She supposedly had stage 2 uterine cancer. First line of treatment is hysterectomy esp if you've had kids. She has yet to have a hysterectomy after over 3 yrs nor has she had any chemo or radiation. Oh and she had another baby a year ago and ended up getting her tubes tied afterwards. None of it makes sense to me. If anyone knows of any other cancer treatments other than removal, chemo, or radiation please do tell? I honestly think she loves the attention of being sick and the kids being sick and ultimately it scares the shit out of me bc what if it gets to the point where she starts trying to make them sick?
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malinda74
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Perhaps she had a pre-cancerous growth? I wouldn't worry about her medical history. As far as the kids go...maybe she exaggerates symptoms out of concern.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this
You've been venting about BM for at least a year now. When are you going to stop? She is renting so much space in your head. Who cares if she actually has uterine cancer? How does that effect you?
As far as the sickness with the kids.. Not much you can do. She's an embellisher and likely is not going to change. Yes it sucks. I totally get it but really... There's no way to change it. Except to stop reacting to it. Ok kid has a fever ... She doesn't have a thermometer... Has your husband offered to send one with the kids? When my kids were little, I always sent a thermometer in their diaper bag so that who ever had them would have a thermometer. I've been known to send things to dads house so that they are available for our daughter if she is in need. It's the only idea I could come up with when I was fuming over something so simple like that. Be it hair bows or a hair brush or a tooth brush. Now it's tampons. Why can't dad supply tampons for his menstruating child? I don't know but instead of getting all up in arms I just make sure she has enough when she goes to his house. I've sent panties and bras and socks too. I just make sure she has what she needs. It's not about him. It's about my child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustaSM231
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM
1) kids don't always tell the truth, or get the story straight about what happened. Unless you were there to witness it, take it with a grain of salt

2) What does it matter what BM said about her own health? If it doesn't directly impact you, let it go

3) if it reaches a point of possible harm to the kids at BM's hand, doctors and law enforcement officials aren't stupid. They know about muncheusen by proxy. They will see a pattern. Who is she getting attention from so far for it?
ladybugchick317
by Charity on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Now when my Aunt had breast cancer her's was the kind that fed off of hormones and all she had to do was take a hormone blocker each day but she still had to have her breast removed. I had uterine cancer (early stages) but didn't have to have chemo or radiation (I had fibroids that were turning to cancer so we caught it really early thank god) but I still had a hysterectomy.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I think you are making this a bigger deal than it is. So she's a hyperchondriac. Oh well, it is not causing any harm. You havent' given any information that would suggest she will one day try to make them sick.

DDDaysh
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

If it really matters, she may have had a tumor removed from her uterine lining or something like that.  But really, who cares? 

This is such a weird thing to complain about.  But, this seems to be a pattern with you.  You are WAY too concerned about proving BM is a bad mother instead of just focussing on your own life. 

Why do you keep letting her rent so much head space? 

OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I get this.  My SKs BM has every ailment under the sun according to her and LOVES to take the SKs to the doctor.  They only see her 1-2 weeks a year and never fails that they go to the doctor once, twice, or 3 times during their visits.  BM also loves the hospital.  I'm so glad that we only have to hear about this drama a few weeks a year.

Can she notify DH before taking them to the doctor so he can be in on the situtations? 

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I just went and skimmed her past posts. All I gotta say is SMDH. Lots of judging going on from a SM with no kids of her own. Ugh. I am going to back away slowly from this one.

Please ladies, carry on.

Quoting momof2ex1: You've been venting about BM for at least a year now. When are you going to stop? She is renting so much space in your head. Who cares if she actually has uterine cancer? How does that effect you?
As far as the sickness with the kids.. Not much you can do. She's an embellisher and likely is not going to change. Yes it sucks. I totally get it but really... There's no way to change it. Except to stop reacting to it. Ok kid has a fever ... She doesn't have a thermometer... Has your husband offered to send one with the kids? When my kids were little, I always sent a thermometer in their diaper bag so that who ever had them would have a thermometer. I've been known to send things to dads house so that they are available for our daughter if she is in need. It's the only idea I could come up with when I was fuming over something so simple like that. Be it hair bows or a hair brush or a tooth brush. Now it's tampons. Why can't dad supply tampons for his menstruating child? I don't know but instead of getting all up in arms I just make sure she has enough when she goes to his house. I've sent panties and bras and socks too. I just make sure she has what she needs. It's not about him. It's about my child.
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM

How do you know what treatment she has or has not had?

kristinbugg
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)