Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Sappy, but good..notes from the kids. Add yours!

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

When we got married about 2 1/2 years ago, we put 3x5 cards on tables and asked people to write us a note with marital advice or similar.  All of those notes are in a book now. 

Tonight I was looking through it for something special to send to my DH in an email.  Here are some gems from the kids.

From my SD now 16, 14 at the time "Dear Dad and Birdseed, Here is my advice to you...Love us 4ever."

From my SD now 14, 12 at the time "Don't have us clean our rooms too often."

"To DH and Birdseed, I am glad u got marriad.  The wedding was rily fun.  Love G"  <--cousin, only about 5YO at the time. 

"I hope u have a nice manje.  love J. "  <---twin to the above.

Then one unsigned card "Don't get married.  Oops. Too late."

Just cracks me up. 

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Meanolduglyoldm
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:03 PM
My youngest wrote me this "mom, I'm running away cause I don't want jason to be my brother anymore" he was probably about 8
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I never even thought about that. That would have been a neat idea. My dd was 9 and my son was 2. So it would have been interesting to read what dd had said lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

There were a lot of kids at out wedding and they had really interesting things to say.  They drew pictures of hearts and scrbbled stuff.  It's terribly cute.

"Our girls'" notes were placed at the front though ant it's pretty cute.  SD15's note hsa hearts all over it...love us 4ever: How can you not think that is precious?  I wonder if she ever thought we wouldn't?

You just never know what kids think.

They were part of our wedding, we did a sand ceremony with them to make sure they were right there in it.  Sometimes I wonder.  I just hope they really do know how much they are loved.

It's so crazy to not have your own kids or be able  to.  I don't "love 'em like my own" but I love them to death and I hope that someday they'll realize that.I am always thinking of them.  Always.  Someday, I hope they'll know that  there's no question.  We BOTH will always "love us 4ever".

Bless her heart.  Gosh, reading through all of this just makes me smile!

Quoting momof2ex1: I never even thought about that. That would have been a neat idea. My dd was 9 and my son was 2. So it would have been interesting to read what dd had said lol

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:42 AM
That's very sweet. I'm sure they both know how much you love them.

We did the sand ceremony too. Each kid had their own color. Ours busted though so we don't have the remains of the ceremony. Only pictures :( the girl in charge of getting the sand from the ceremony to the reception put it in her trunk (????) and it busted. Millions of pieces of glass everywhere. We were able to salvage one of the vases and then we added some sand for decoration purposes ... I was so upset. :(

Quoting Birdseed:

There were a lot of kids at out wedding and they had really interesting things to say.  They drew pictures of hearts and scrbbled stuff.  It's terribly cute.

"Our girls'" notes were placed at the front though ant it's pretty cute.  SD15's note hsa hearts all over it...love us 4ever: How can you not think that is precious?  I wonder if she ever thought we wouldn't?

You just never know what kids think.

They were part of our wedding, we did a sand ceremony with them to make sure they were right there in it.  Sometimes I wonder.  I just hope they really do know how much they are loved.

It's so crazy to not have your own kids or be able  to.  I don't "love 'em like my own" but I love them to death and I hope that someday they'll realize that.I am always thinking of them.  Always.  Someday, I hope they'll know that  there's no question.  We BOTH will always "love us 4ever".

Bless her heart.  Gosh, reading through all of this just makes me smile!

Quoting momof2ex1: I never even thought about that. That would have been a neat idea. My dd was 9 and my son was 2. So it would have been interesting to read what dd had said lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:49 AM
dd is too young to write me notes yet, but I can't wait until she can :-)
hershey6
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM
That is so cute- SS17 (15then) was DH's best man and during his speech said, "if you guys have another kid we'll have enough for a basketball team." So when we told the kids we were pregnant we gave them a basketball and had them figure it out- quite funny!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN