Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

totally got played!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
So with the reno and everything things have been slipping round the circus.

Last week SD13 told me she was behind in her HW and if she could stay home a day to catch up. I said yes because EVERYTHING has been behind. Well I promptly forgot about it. The teens spent the weekend off and went to a party.

This morning SD13 woke up and ask me if today if she stay home. DH calls the house and SD13 answers. Then he gets all upset because no one told him.

Seriously dude. I got played. Totally get that. I have the schedules of 7 kids, two adults in my head. Plus all the house stuff and my school work. Give a mommy a break here! Lol...

Anyways I delegated the schedules of the teens to him problem solved! Now you get to keep track!.
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Leigh84
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Gotta love the teen years. Don't feel bad, a few weeks DH got played by SS11. SS11 told him he was caught up on hw so DH gave him his iPod back and let him play Xbox :-/ found out from his teacher the following week none of it had been done.

We would expect this from SS15 lol but SS11 started early.

Seven kids is a lot to keep up with! There's only 3 in my house and even that gets hectic so I know your hands are full.
thecircus8
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Lol... I need to delagate more! Lol. SD13 definitely got a good deal! DH isn't upset anymore. I threatened to write down a list of everything I have to keep track of, he looked scared...

Quoting Leigh84: Gotta love the teen years. Don't feel bad, a few weeks DH got played by SS11. SS11 told him he was caught up on hw so DH gave him his iPod back and let him play Xbox :-/ found out from his teacher the following week none of it had been done.

We would expect this from SS15 lol but SS11 started early.

Seven kids is a lot to keep up with! There's only 3 in my house and even that gets hectic so I know your hands are full.
pepper504
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM

BM is dealing with SS15 not doing his homework and projects.  She calls DH to bitch and tattle on SS15.  Never had this issue with him until this year.  He's a straight A student and in all AP classes but this past quarter, he had a 3.75 average.  He's not doing his work and not applying himself.  That said, something is going on in BM's home, but she likes to say it is when SS15 is with us.  Like 8 days a month is going to do that, but I digress.

Anywho, kids pull fast ones all of the time and I am glad that you delegated some of the schedules to DH.  Not sure how you keep track of the 'circus' as I can barely keep track of one kid and her (DD17) and her busy crazy schedule.

thecircus8
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Theres an app that! Seriously I use cozi for everything... and my SIL helps a lot with the circus. DH does too.

Quoting pepper504:

BM is dealing with SS15 not doing his homework and projects.  She calls DH to bitch and tattle on SS15.  Never had this issue with him until this year.  He's a straight A student and in all AP classes but this past quarter, he had a 3.75 average.  He's not doing his work and not applying himself.  That said, something is going on in BM's home, but she likes to say it is when SS15 is with us.  Like 8 days a month is going to do that, but I digress.

Anywho, kids pull fast ones all of the time and I am glad that you delegated some of the schedules to DH.  Not sure how you keep track of the 'circus' as I can barely keep track of one kid and her (DD17) and her busy crazy schedule.

cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I use cozi too! Love that app! I'm sure it won't be the last time you get played. Teenagers are punks! Good luck :)

Quoting thecircus8: Theres an app that! Seriously I use cozi for everything... and my SIL helps a lot with the circus. DH does too.

Quoting pepper504:

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I love Cozi! It's an incredible help to keep up with everything.

Quoting thecircus8: Theres an app that! Seriously I use cozi for everything... and my SIL helps a lot with the circus. DH does too.

Quoting pepper504:

Silent_Sea
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I have an 8th grader who seems to be struggling with HW too. I am not sure what to do about it truthfully. This school uses a paper calendar to organize their homework. I am.not good with checking it. I like the online system better. Stupid habits. I need to be better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pero3
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM

In this respect I am grateful that BF and I sing from the same hymn sheet ... any absences from school are discussed in advance, and we both agree that catching up on homework isn't a good reason to stay at home from school ... it is a good reason for not watching TV though, or not seeing her horse for a day or two.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Learn something new every day! lol

Quoting pepper504:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)