Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Riddle, how many people does it take to pick up a prescription?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just shake my head!

1) SS(20) calls dad to say he needs his prescription for stomach medicine refilled.

2) DH tells him to call the pharmacy himself (finally after months of DH calling for him).

3) SS calls back and says he called it in and will DH pick it up, and

4) Take it to BM's house who in turn will

5) Take it to SS's dorm on her way to work.  BM lives as close to a pharmacy as we do so I guess it's an issue of who will pay $10 to get it.

5) Oh, and  sometimes DH calls me to go pick it up. I give DH, DH drives it to BM house, etc.

Why doesn't DH set it up mail order to be delivered to BM's house? Every month he says he needs to do that but doesn't! Why don't they just let SS get it at the pharmacy near his school himself? Why can't BM just pick it up at the pharmacy?  My 16yo picks up her own acne prescriptions, I never asked her too, she just handles it. Beyond agreeing with DH he needs to get the autodelivery set up I keep my thoughts to myself.

Oh, and I'm not upset, dwelling on it, or angry, I just think it's ridiculous in a roll your eyes way, that we have 3-4 people involved in picking up a $10 prescription for a 20 year old every single month. I thought it would be a funny situation to share how people get so bogged down in doing little things the longest way possible.

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

That would annoy me, too. I'm one to be on my DH about that stuff lol Did you do it yet? ...is it done, now?...when are you going to set that up..?  lol

Quoting Bertieb:

I just shake my head!

1) SS(20) calls dad to say he needs his prescription for stomach medicine refilled.

2) DH tells him to call the pharmacy himself (finally after months of DH calling for him).

3) SS calls back and says he called it in and will DH pick it up, and

4) Take it to BM's house who in turn will

5) Take it to SS's dorm on her way to work.  BM lives as close to a pharmacy as we do so I guess it's an issue of who will pay $10 to get it.

5) Oh, and  sometimes DH calls me to go pick it up. I give DH, DH drives it to BM house, etc.

Why doesn't DH set it up mail order to be delivered to BM's house? Every month he says he needs to do that but doesn't! Why don't they just let SS get it at the pharmacy near his school himself? Why can't BM just pick it up at the pharmacy?  My 16yo picks up her own acne prescriptions, I never asked her too, she just handles it. Beyond agreeing with DH he needs to get the autodelivery set up I keep my thoughts to myself.

Oh, and I'm not upset, dwelling on it, or angry, I just think it's ridiculous in a roll your eyes way, that we have 3-4 people involved in picking up a $10 prescription for a 20 year old every single month. I thought it would be a funny situation to share how people get so bogged down in doing little things the longest way possible.

Kinda sad we have to add that now lol

Boobear110
by Audra on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I swear to god it's because he's a boy. Boy's are such a PITA. I have two 25 & 21 they will play the helpless card for as long as you let them . I'm guilty of letting them a bit to often. 

My 16 year old daughter is totally different . She calls in her own scripts . I go get them because she's not licensed yet but soon I won't have to

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I wouldn't nag my husband about it. He'll do it if he wants to do and when he wants to do it. 

Linagma03
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

At 20 he should be doing this himself. He can take his script to the pharmacy closest to him at any time and they will transfer everything over there for him. I take it he just is to lazy to do it himself or doesn't want to pay $10 for it. At 18 all my kids were responsible for their own medication and co-pays and dr appts. 

Bertieb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I just picked up the RX from the pharmacy for DH, lol. He forgot to get it last night and BM and DS texted him wanting to know if we had picked it up. Again, neither of them seem to feel like they could pick it up and DH doesn't either I guess.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:18 PM

That is just aggravating all around. 

zannahdeux
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol never mind the fact that he can probably get the prescription transfered to a pharmacy closer to his school or go to the school infermary who will probably write him a new one and he can get it for free.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)