Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM
  • 21 Replies
In a 50/50 weekly custody situation, if BM or BF decides to keep child out of school (for vacation) one day on their own custody week should this be told to other parent? If yes, how far in advance? Does other parent have a right to refuse/dispute?
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lylleve
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Dh has fifty fifty and they have to let each other know if kids are staying home sick and have to agree if the kids can skip school if they are not sick. Everything has to be agreed upon.
sarycanary
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:14 PM
This situation is not in current CO. Thought I would ask here to see how others do this.

Quoting lylleve: Dh has fifty fifty and they have to let each other know if kids are staying home sick and have to agree if the kids can skip school if they are not sick. Everything has to be agreed upon.
daddysgf
by and that's all on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

One day? I don't think so.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM
We've never kept SS home, but BM has (due to sickness). She usually texts DH later that evening to let him know that SS missed class.

If DD comes during the week, DH is going to pull SS out for a day. He hasn't asked BM about it (obviously, if it's during her time he'll ask).
cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think so. Out of respect more than anything. If the other parent doesn't like it they can get it put in the co. I wouldn't be asking for permission, I would just notify out of respect.
pseudomamma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm guessing you're sensing trouble?  We always call BM when JR is sick. Usually she already knows if we've taken him out for something else.  Can she stop you from doing it?  It's your time.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Eh, in a 50/50 I might send a text or mention it during transfer. But I wouldn't think it was a huge deal if informing the OP got overlooked. It's not a huge deal.
sarycanary
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Out of respect for other parent, I know it is best to let them know your plan of child missing school day. I would want to be shown the same in return. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
Sensing trouble is right, it's usually the case. Wondering which is best, telling BM of plans a month in advance or at the time.

Quoting pseudomamma:

I'm guessing you're sensing trouble?  We always call BM when JR is sick. Usually she already knows if we've taken him out for something else.  Can she stop you from doing it?  It's your time.

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Sure don't. I kept kids home and took off work bf Shit a brick!!!crazy for a man that just finished serving 4 months for repeat dui ive had them full time. My time my choice my kids as well.they get their homework done and not always absent so he could bite me. I No longer need to explain Shit.
venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM
If sick I do let him know just cast it is physically something wrong
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)