Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

stepdaughter from hel

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM
  • 134 Replies

Is it just me or is it rude for my stepdaughter to invite her dad to dinner and exclude me?  I don't mean to be greedy with his time but he works out of town a lot and we rarely get to spend time together and I think it was rude for his daughter to exclude me.  Thoughts please!!!

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think this is bad at all. Just like you want time alone with him, she wants time alone with him. My kids would LOVE time alone with their dad without their SM always forcing herself in. I know I frequently have one on one time with my kids without my husband, their SF.

Why do you find it threatening or offensive?
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:18 PM
I don't think it is rude at all. She wants some alone time with her father. Why would you want to intrude on that. It is on him and you to make alone time fo I Ir yourselves. I don't see how her asking him to dinner makes her a stepdaughter from hell but if you feel that way about her why would you want to be there, anyway?
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM
No not at all. My parents are still together and I have gone to dinner with each of them alone on various occasions.
progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I think it's healthy to have some father - daughter time. I also don't see hoe wanting alone time with her dad makes her a SD from hell.

Maybe she excluded you, because she knows how you feel about her.
oldproatthis
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I was thinking the same thing. My parents will be married 44 years this year...I turn 40 this year, I am married myself...my mother and my own DH don't mind my father/daughter date nights...I also have lunches just with my mother. I have a "thing" with each of my parents. My DH has father/daughter date nights with my SD, and I love it...I get a night to myself where my workload is less and I get to spoil, well, ME!

I never have understood this issue...

Quoting MommySabs: No not at all. My parents are still together and I have gone to dinner with each of them alone on various occasions.

Carolina1019
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the kid and situation, I think, and, on some level, the age of the SD.

How old is she, and what were the circumstances?

PJs35
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope not at all. I find it rude that you think she is the SD from hell for wanting dad to herself for a couple hours and that she should invite you.

Your alone time for you and dh is for you two to schedule when sd is not present. I never get alone time with my dh until we are going to bed. He spends lots of alone time with sd because he should. I do, however, take alone time with Ds and don't invite SD or DH.
HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this
As a further thought....if you think she is the SD from hell, why do you want to go to dinner with them? Honestly, you can be glad of a polite excuse out of an evening with her - she didn't invite you! What a relief! My SD is very difficult and I gladly let her and her father have their evenings and Saturdays together. I would be a bit put out if I was invited and had to go. Do you WANT to to invited and be in the position of having to go?
aurorabear
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I think the question is why did you feel it was rude? Is there tension there? Does she do things like this often? 

oldproatthis
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I thiink YOU have the market cornered right now on SD from hell....

Not sure how you can even read a post like this and answer it with a straight face Hopes...

I will say my SD can be a pain in the ass like any hormonal 14 year old girl, but that's it. I'll GLADLY keep her when I read about some of the other SDs here...mine is a prize. I won the SD lotto...

Quoting HopesNDreams: As a further thought....if you think she is the SD from hell, why do you want to go to dinner with them? Honestly, you can be glad of a polite excuse out of an evening with her - she didn't invite you! What a relief! My SD is very difficult and I gladly let her and her father have their evenings and Saturdays together. I would be a bit put out if I was invited and had to go. Do you WANT to to invited and be in the position of having to go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN