Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Would you???

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Have married him anyway?

Options:

Yes

No

I don't know

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

If you went into the marriage with dh then knowing what you know now would you?

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pepper504
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely, 100%, Yes, I would do it all over again.  I wouldn't have married him otherwise.  It's been a rough road, but once the bumps were eliminated, it got so much better.  :)

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Yes.  There've been bumps in the road, and there will be more.  However, if I hadn't married DH, I wouldn't be mommy to our LO.  So knowing what I know - or even better, who I know now - I could never regret DH.  Whatever bumps we've encountered were worth it.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Absolutely, I have no regrets. We have had challenges but that is a part of life and we have been blessed with two beautiful children.

SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Yes, we were together 6 years before getting married though...so we had been through all the rough stuff that most new SMs complain about.

QX56momma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Nope...and not that I don't love him and SS's but because the jealousy BM has surrounding our marriage has had a very negative impact on the boys.  I would have chosen their happiness first and just stayed friends.

RitaTequila531
by HushBreatheRelax on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes...oh, Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silent_Sea
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Yes....oh, yes. For me too! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepdiva
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Absolutely NOT.
I used to think I must be the only clueless one out there
OvrMyHead
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:51 PM
After 7 years together, married/living together for 4, know I made the right decision. I would have done some sepfamily things differently though if I had to do it over.
howkhuntastic
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:47 AM
I feel bad for saying no but i wouldn't, i love our kids together but wouldn't. Bm has been a huge issue but mostly it is him. He treats his sons like gold (not necessarily a bad thing) with no expectations. He will do things like spend money we don't have on silly things like bay blades because everyone else has one. But the bigger issue is he treats my 3 and 4 year old like they should be adults and his 11 and almost 9 year old like infants. I feel taken advantage of frequently and am unhappy. I resent the things he takes from our infants like diapers and formula to buy them junk food or crappy dollar store toys. He also has an inappropriate relationship with bm. I seriously sound like a bitch but we are at the point of divorce over the difference in his treatment of the children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN