Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SS calls me mom..

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM
  • 57 Replies
When he is talking with DD, do I stop him or let it go?

Last thing I need is more BM drama.
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raerae725
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:14 PM

How old are they?  My SD calls me mom when she is talking to my youngest DS.  

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I've called my boys SM 'mom' when talking to her girls (with BF).  She is their mom. I just called my BFF 'mom' when I was talking to her little boy (he's in K) last weekend.  "Hey, S, what did mom say about doing that?"  I know she's not my mom (I'm older than she is), HE knows she's not 'my' mom, but, to him she is mom so that's what I called her. 

I've been called Mrs. XYZ (teachers name) and grandma and heck, even dad, directly from the boys... 

If he's not calling you mom when speaking to you, but when referring to you, that seems pretty normal to me too. 

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Kids do that. I wouldnt' worry about it. My stepkids did that too. It's for convenience sake.

why would it cause BM drama? she is not listening is she?

jesssanate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Idk, anything that tips her off I am trying to avoid. Even when I am out of sight and we don't talk she still finds something to complain about. Lol

Quoting whatIknownow:

Kids do that. I wouldnt' worry about it. My stepkids did that too. It's for convenience sake.

jesssanate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I see what you mean. In the beginning he called me it alot before we came up w Jess. Outside of referring to me as mom/momma to DD he slips mom once in awhile but I try not to make a deal of it.

Quoting jules2boys:

I've called my boys SM 'mom' when talking to her girls (with BF).  She is their mom. I just called my BFF 'mom' when I was talking to her little boy (he's in K) last weekend.  "Hey, S, what did mom say about doing that?"  I know she's not my mom (I'm older than she is), HE knows she's not 'my' mom, but, to him she is mom so that's what I called her. 

I've been called Mrs. XYZ (teachers name) and grandma and heck, even dad, directly from the boys... 

If he's not calling you mom when speaking to you, but when referring to you, that seems pretty normal to me too. 

jesssanate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM
SS is 6. DD is 1.

Quoting raerae725:

How old are they?  My SD calls me mom when she is talking to my youngest DS.  

jesssanate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I guess I am just trying to make things peaceful for SS. His mom was talking to SS and said she doesn't like it when he calls me mom.

Quoting whatIknownow:

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Then he should obey his mother. That is on him. But if you overhear a conversation he is having with someone, it's a little overbearing for you to go in and correct him.

Quoting jesssanate: I guess I am just trying to make things peaceful for SS. His mom was talking to SS and said she doesn't like it when he calls me mom.
Quoting whatIknownow:

jesssanate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I agree. And yeah, but he will make his own mind up I guess :/

Quoting whatIknownow:

Then he should obey his mother. That is on him. But if you overhear a conversation he is having with someone, it's a little overbearing for you to go in and correct him.

Quoting jesssanate: I guess I am just trying to make things peaceful for SS. His mom was talking to SS and said she doesn't like it when he calls me mom.

Quoting whatIknownow:

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:00 PM

He will probably stop callng you mom on his own. I dont think you have to take any action.

Quoting jesssanate: I agree. And yeah, but he will make his own mind up I guess :/
Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)