Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

To read or not to read

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:58 AM
  • 46 Replies
SD has some self esteeme issues, says she doesn't have a lot of friends, isn't very active and at 15 self conscious about her size 38 DD's and size 16 figure. She became a vegetarian and I believe it's because a few I her skinny friends are as well. I am worried about her well being. I was cleaning out her closet which was full of garbage and bloody underwear and clothes that haven't fit her in years and I find a diary. Out of concern do I look at it or do I just leave it alone?
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Easy- leave it alone!
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

did she give you permission to go through her closet?

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You will either be bored by it or find information you wish you didn't know. Leave it alone.

The only exception would be if you have a reason to be concerned about a major issue - drugs, suicide, self harm, etc. I don't think vegetarianism qualifies.
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:41 AM

I wouldnt go through my dd's diary/journal let alone my SD's.   How humilating.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Bloody underwear?  That's gross.

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM
I agree with everyone else. Put it back and forget about it.
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Do not read it.
TBrew04
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM
She is a vegetarian who does not eat fruits or veggies and lies only on eggs and doesn't eat in front if ither people. She doesn't change her underwear as evidenced by the lack of laundry. I asked my husband to either have her do her own laundry or he needed to do it because after 7 days at our house there would be no underwear in her laundry and none in her room. The lack of basic hygiene is disturbing and her anti social behavior is also a concern. BM is clinically depressed and I see similar signs in the SD. DH wants to avoid any confrontation with her and I'm seriously concerned. At this point I guess I will just let her parents deal with it as I feel I've said my peace.

Quoting HopesNDreams: You will either be bored by it or find information you wish you didn't know. Leave it alone.

The only exception would be if you have a reason to be concerned about a major issue - drugs, suicide, self harm, etc. I don't think vegetarianism qualifies.
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Help her with love, compassion and understanding.

michelle71115
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't read it but I would really be trying to set up some type of counseling or self-esteem building classes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN