Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Ill take my toddler any day, over this pre-teen/teenager.

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM
  • 33 Replies
Ss10 will be 11 in June and is already acting like a braty teenager. I feel like the weekend is one big roller coaster. First he's quiet and acts pissed he has to come over. Then he's running around laughing and playing with his brothers. Then he he's on his phone non stop talking to his gf that he's madly in love with. If he's not on his phone he's on his iPad posting stupid shit on Instagram. Last night he had a girl calling his phone and trying to FaceTime him at midnight. He mentions that his friends are going to a skating place, so I said well let's all go. Him, myself his dad and our 2 boys. He says no that's ok. We can just go to airborne (another fun kid jumping place) I'm like, WTF?? So if we just drop you off at the skating place you'll go? He says yes. Then I say, but if we want to go too, you don't want to go? He agrees. Ashamed to be around us already... Effin awesome! Damn, seriously ill take my crazy little toddler any day. Any tips on dealing with pre-teens/teenagers.
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't take it so personal. Now my dd isn't ashamed to be around me but she has asked me to stop sharing sweet stories of when she was little with her friends parents. She doesn't like it. It embarrasses her.

Don't worry about what he posts on Instagram. I think Instagram is dumb any way. It's the thing right now for whatever reason. I see stupid stuff on my kids' friend's Instagram. But they are kids. They don't think it's stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I'm not really taking it personal. Knew it was bound to happen one day. I remember not wanting to be with my parents. Just didn't think it would happen at 10-11. He's a good kid, he did come over and play with my hair. He's always played with my hair since he was 3. As long as he does sweet things like that every so often ill deal with it. Lol. The Instagram does bother me. More just because his face is glued to his iPad.

Quoting momof2ex1: Don't take it so personal. Now my dd isn't ashamed to be around me but she has asked me to stop sharing sweet stories of when she was little with her friends parents. She doesn't like it. It embarrasses her.

Don't worry about what he posts on Instagram. I think Instagram is dumb any way. It's the thing right now for whatever reason. I see stupid stuff on my kids' friend's Instagram. But they are kids. They don't think it's stupid.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I read this article written by a youth minister of a Christian church on Instagram. I'll try to find it and repost it. Instagram is a sign of the times.

Quoting cdrainey3: I'm not really taking it personal. Knew it was bound to happen one day. I remember not wanting to be with my parents. Just didn't think it would happen at 10-11. He's a good kid, he did come over and play with my hair. He's always played with my hair since he was 3. As long as he does sweet things like that every so often ill deal with it. Lol. The Instagram does bother me. More just because his face is glued to his iPad.

Quoting momof2ex1: Don't take it so personal. Now my dd isn't ashamed to be around me but she has asked me to stop sharing sweet stories of when she was little with her friends parents. She doesn't like it. It embarrasses her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Why is he being allowed to call the shots
cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:43 PM
I would love to see it!

Quoting momof2ex1: I read this article written by a youth minister of a Christian church on Instagram. I'll try to find it and repost it. Instagram is a sign of the times.

Quoting cdrainey3: I'm not really taking it personal. Knew it was bound to happen one day. I remember not wanting to be with my parents. Just didn't think it would happen at 10-11. He's a good kid, he did come over and play with my hair. He's always played with my hair since he was 3. As long as he does sweet things like that every so often ill deal with it. Lol. The Instagram does bother me. More just because his face is glued to his iPad.

cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM
He's not. If he was calling the shots he would of had his dad drop him off to be alone with his friends like his mom does. Dh doesn't think he's old enough and said no. We told him we would all go and he didn't want to. We didn't really want to go so it was fine with me. He is a good kid, just this new attitude pops out every so often. I'm mostly just teasing on teenagers.

Quoting babie113: Why is he being allowed to call the shots
babie113
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:50 PM
I mean why is he dating at 11 why unlimited access to intenet etc .is that bm doing too?

Quoting cdrainey3: He's not. If he was calling the shots he would of had his dad drop him off to be alone with his friends like his mom does. Dh doesn't think he's old enough and said no. We told him we would all go and he didn't want to. We didn't really want to go so it was fine with me. He is a good kid, just this new attitude pops out every so often. I'm mostly just teasing on teenagers.

cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:22 AM
It's all BM doing. Dh has had massive arguments with her over Instagram and his iPad. When he comes over here, we monitor it pretty well. Dh makes him turn it off if he's been on it more than 30 minutes. Dh is sick of being the bad guy though, he gets endless amounts of it at his moms. When the girl called at midnight, ss was in bed. I was awake and had to silent it. Ss has rules over here so I know that's why he has a bad attitude when he first comes over. Once he gets playing and remembers what it's like to REALLY be 10 he forgets his iPad and phone.

Quoting babie113: I mean why is he dating at 11 why unlimited access to intenet etc .is that bm doing too?

Quoting cdrainey3: He's not. If he was calling the shots he would of had his dad drop him off to be alone with his friends like his mom does. Dh doesn't think he's old enough and said no. We told him we would all go and he didn't want to. We didn't really want to go so it was fine with me. He is a good kid, just this new attitude pops out every so often. I'm mostly just teasing on teenagers.

cdrainey3
by Cher on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM
It's beyond me why he's allowed to date. They are telling each other "I love you" ss is failing in school. Dh had a talk with him and BM just got pissed at dh for telling him he's failing. She thinks he's doing "pretty good" her words exactly. He's in 5th grade so it's not F's it's 1 or an I. Dh told him that's like failing. When he's in 7th grade it will be failing and now we know why he's failing.

Quoting cdrainey3: It's all BM doing. Dh has had massive arguments with her over Instagram and his iPad. When he comes over here, we monitor it pretty well. Dh makes him turn it off if he's been on it more than 30 minutes. Dh is sick of being the bad guy though, he gets endless amounts of it at his moms. When the girl called at midnight, ss was in bed. I was awake and had to silent it. Ss has rules over here so I know that's why he has a bad attitude when he first comes over. Once he gets playing and remembers what it's like to REALLY be 10 he forgets his iPad and phone.

Quoting babie113: I mean why is he dating at 11 why unlimited access to intenet etc .is that bm doing too?

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Did you repost?

Quoting momof2ex1: I read this article written by a youth minister of a Christian church on Instagram. I'll try to find it and repost it. Instagram is a sign of the times.
Quoting momof2ex1: Don't take it so personal. Now my dd isn't ashamed to be around me but she has asked me to stop sharing sweet stories of when she was little with her friends parents. She doesn't like it. It embarrasses her. Don't worry about what he posts on Instagram. I think Instagram is dumb any way. It's the thing right now for whatever reason. I see stupid stuff on my kids' friend's Instagram. But they are kids. They don't think it's stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)