Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

bm wrote me a letter..

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 226 Replies
1 mom liked this
Apologizing. So i wrote her back on our personalized stationary. Has our names and address on them...so she calls me immature for writing on it...idk if im crazy but i don't see the big deal. I guess i was under the impression that shes ok with us being together so i don't see the big deal. Guess i was off base. Kinda funny the 40 something yr old who keyed my car and wrote hi slut on it is calling me immature....like ok hahaha
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shannonb88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Isn't that what stationary is for?
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM
What did you write to her?
sophiesister2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM
My point exactly...shes still not over her exh(my so) and thinks im rubbing it in her face when all i wrote was i accept your apokogy and i hope we can be civil now

Quoting Shannonb88: Isn't that what stationary is for?
sophiesister2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I wrote i accept your apology and i hope we can be civil. I also said i hope ur doing well when u get out(shes in rehab) i hope you just keep pushing forward.

Thats all i wrote.

Quoting whatIknownow: What did you write to her?
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:22 PM
How long were they divorced before you started dating?
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:24 PM
You accepted her appology. She got mad over your personalized stationary. Her problem not yours. I would probably have no contact w/her and try not to be around her when she's out of rehab. It seems she will p/a fight over anything.
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
9 moms liked this

Sometimes just because something isn't wrong per se doesn't mean it's the right thing to do either.

Curious, why on earth would the two of you have personalized stationery with your names on it..together...when you're not married? That just seems odd to me.

Anyway, in theory, no, it's not wrong to use your personal stationery to write a personal note.  But knowing that BM has had some jealousy type issues in the past, can't you see why it would be a bit inflammatory to send a note on paper like that?  Kind of a slap in the face deal?

Were you the other woman or something?  Most 40YO women don't act that way unless they're totally nuts or someone really screwed them over.  Not saying it's right, but I could see it if you were screwing around with her husband before they were divorced.

On a side note, one correction:  stationary = not moving, immovable  stationery=writing paper   

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
5 moms liked this

Aren't you the one that showed up at her child's surgery when she asked you not come? I think it was immature that you would send it on that paper you knew she'd get upset over it you just keep trying to goad her. Leave the lady alone

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Well if you know that she's got issues why did you rub it in her face with your joint stationary? Who has joint stationary when you don't share the same last name?

I have address labels that have my dh and my name on them. I don't use them when I send receipts for medical bills to my ex. The letter isn't from my dh and I, it's from me. So why would I send an envelope that states it's from both of us? Seems like you wanted to poke the bear. I would just use your stationary for special situations. If you know it causes problems and you hope to be civil from now on, why not just stop doing things you know is going to start a problem?

Quoting sophiesister2: I wrote i accept your apology and i hope we can be civil. I also said i hope ur doing well when u get out(shes in rehab) i hope you just keep pushing forward.

Thats all i wrote.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesister2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Its the only stationary i had at the time. Im still waiting to get my other in the mail. And i was told shewas accepting and completely fine now which apparently isny the case

Quoting momof2ex1: Well if you know that she's got issues why did you rub it in her face with your joint stationary? Who has joint stationary when you don't share the same last name?

I have address labels that have my dh and my name on them. I don't use them when I send receipts for medical bills to my ex. The letter isn't from my dh and I, it's from me. So why would I send an envelope that states it's from both of us? Seems like you wanted to poke the bear. I would just use your stationary for special situations. If you know it causes problems and you hope to be civil from now on, why not just stop doing things you know is going to start a problem?

Quoting sophiesister2: I wrote i accept your apology and i hope we can be civil. I also said i hope ur doing well when u get out(shes in rehab) i hope you just keep pushing forward.

Thats all i wrote.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN