Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

s*** my ex says..*UPDATE*

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:49 PM
  • 69 Replies

so my ss was home earlier this week with pinkeye. it's made its rounds, and of course MY son started to get it this afternoon...hours before i drop him off at his dad's. 

i drop him off, and i mention to ex that his eye started doing that this afternoon, and that it was probably pink-eye bc my ss had it earlier in the week. i turn to walk away. keep in mind, my situation is very high conflict, and i typically only walk to the end of the drive and i never, ever talk to him unless necessary. i felt it was necessary to tell him about ds's eye, as it was pretty gross right at drop off, and i know there are other children in the home (didn't want to be accused of NOT telling him, you know?) 

his response? "what you don't fucking wash his pillowcase? mommy doesn't do your laundry buddy? you gotta wash your sheets! do you even have a pillow case? do you have a pillow?"

...and i kept walking. i could be rich if i got a dollar for every stupid thing like this he says. *sigh*

*UPDATE*

not much of an update, but figured i'd let you ladies know...

i texted my ex on saturday afternoon to inquire about my son's eyes. he said they cleared up before bedtime. =) so..if it was pinkeye it certainly wasn't a serious case! no mention of his over-reaction, of course! lol

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:55 PM

what a fuckin moron :/  sorry.

my ex said his fair share of shitty things and i have forgotten most of it. it took years but i made it! lol

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM

don't be sorry. 

now he's texting me, livid. asking which doctor i took them to? and why didn't i tell him? why didn't i send eye drops and if you didn't take them, why not?

ugggghhhh! it LITERALLY started before i picked my daughter up from school. from there, we have to head straight to his house to make it to his house at the court ordered drop off time! 

i'm so sick of him trying to make me out to be the bad guy!

Quoting faerie75:

what a fuckin moron :/  sorry.

my ex said his fair share of shitty things and i have forgotten most of it. it took years but i made it! lol

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing recent for me. He is actually trying to change for the better and is nice to me. It's weird...I want to be defensive towards him for everything he put me through...but since he is being a decent human being, trying to do better and be there for the girls...I feel like I can actually be nice and civil for once. I hope it lasts for the girls sake.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Nada for me lately. Mine is actually being very nice.

Past funnies.

Spells our daughter's name wrong intentionally to see if he can get a reaction.

Calls my house 'the camp'
Example: I will drop off at your camp at 7pm.

Lmao. That one makes me laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wise.toes
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM

i hope it lasts for you! 

there has been only a handful of times my ex has changed his tune, and it was only b/c he was wanting me to agree to something. 

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

Nothing recent for me. He is actually trying to change for the better and is nice to me. It's weird...I want to be defensive towards him for everything he put me through...but since he is being a decent human being, trying to do better and be there for the girls...I feel like I can actually be nice and civil for once. I hope it lasts for the girls sake.

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:17 PM

i get "i'll drop them off at your rented, side by side apartment" 

..like there's something lacking in my house? sheesh! it's not an apartment, but it is rented! and the only reason he's not in a rental is b/c his partner owned her house before he moved in! lol

Quoting momof2ex1: Nada for me lately. Mine is actually being very nice. Past funnies. Spells our daughter's name wrong intentionally to see if he can get a reaction. Calls my house 'the camp' Example: I will drop off at your camp at 7pm. Lmao. That one makes me laugh.

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM

I honestly thought that's how he would be if I ever left him. He would always make crazy threats about killing me, taking the kids, killing the next guy I was with etc. When I finally did leave he threatened vandalism, taking the kids and whatever else to scare me.
He's been to jail a couple times...gotten some help here and there...and realized that I was right to leave him. He is very up and down though...I still don't trust him when it comes to me but no matter the craziness towards me, he was never bad/mean/etc to the girls. He is a decent dad...bad husband lol

Quoting wise.toes:

i hope it lasts for you! 

there has been only a handful of times my ex has changed his tune, and it was only b/c he was wanting me to agree to something. 

Quoting Rocker.Mom.07:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

awhhell.

BM's grandma owns her home. she is set, never will have to move and flakes on rent frequently. and it is remodeled and lovely.

we have a rental, but it is way bigger. needs remodeling in a bad way but it aint ours so we arent going to.

she was jealous ours was bigger! well, im jealous hers is owned and the "landlord" is flexible on rent! grass is always greener....

Quoting wise.toes:

..like there's something lacking in my house? sheesh! it's not an apartment, but it is rented! and the only reason he's not in a rental is b/c his partner owned her house before he moved in! lol

Quoting momof2ex1: Nada for me lately. Mine is actually being very nice. Past funnies. Spells our daughter's name wrong intentionally to see if he can get a reaction. Calls my house 'the camp' Example: I will drop off at your camp at 7pm. Lmao. That one makes me laugh.

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Let him know that the doctor said that breast milk is a great natural remedy for pink eye (this is true!) and that the doctor ordered some estrogen for HIM to take so he could begin lactating and treating him. Then stop answering texts.

Your house is fine.
You are fine.
Your son is fine.
Your ex is so very NOT!
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Haha same with my ex. He doesn't own his home. His wife's ex husband still owns it. But yet my home is a camp... And my condo was an apartment.

Quoting wise.toes:

Quoting momof2ex1: Nada for me lately. Mine is actually being very nice.

Past funnies.

Spells our daughter's name wrong intentionally to see if he can get a reaction.

Calls my house 'the camp'
Example: I will drop off at your camp at 7pm.

Lmao. That one makes me laugh.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)