Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

For the new stepmoms and the not-so-new that are sincerely seeking help

Posted by   + Show Post

Be careful.  Take "advice" with a grain of salt.  Listen to the ladies that are kind and offer constructive solutions.  I have seen countless women ripped to shreds in here by a group of angry bio mothers.  Women come here seeking help...some are at wits end...and they get greeted with hostility, anger and judgment.

It makes me sad to know that someone hitting rock bottom in step hell comes to a "support site" and instead of support they get devoured.

Not all groups are like this..some are kind and helpful.   

Good luck to you!

by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM
So then what is the agenda of this post? If, by a wide margin, the demographic you are reaching is failing to understand the message, perhaps additional clarity is required.

Quoting FroYoBitch: I do. Thanks.

Quoting LyndaLoo78: Why not just PM them directly?

Quoting FroYoBitch:

Y'all are missing the point and that's OK.  A mom or two will read this and feel better.  That was my goal.

/done.

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Amanda is actually one of the nicer ones

Quoting FroYoBitch:

Exhibit A...

Quoting amanda_mom89: I think you'd be surprised to find out that most of the women in here are SMs. Not BM's. And yes, some women in here are bitches from time to time. But most of the time I see someone whining it's because they got a strong dose of reality and truth and they didn't like it. This group is not everyone's cup of tea. But if have thick skin and an open mind, it's chock full of great advice and supportive women. The women who have been successful in their step lives have overcome a lot and they didn't get there by crying that someone was mean. You have to be tough, flexible and willing to step outside your comfort zone. And that's why their advice comes like it does. I don't know where I'd be without this group. I don't always agree with everyone and sometimes a post doesn't go the way I want it to.. But this is a good group.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:57 PM

what hostility?

Quoting FroYoBitch:

As I expected..a lack of introspection elicits hostility when the curtain is pulled back.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM

So cute.  

Quoting FroYoBitch: Me thinks she doth protest too much...

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I think she must be high she is the only one who gets what she is trying to say.

Quoting pdxmum:

So cute.  

***Briterican***

Shannonb88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
You set yourself up for failure posting this.....
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm thinking op is an alter for a recent newb who got her feelers hurt.

Quoting soonergirl980:

I think she must be high she is the only one who gets what she is trying to say.

Quoting pdxmum:

So cute.  

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I fail to see how this reply supports your claim.

Quoting FroYoBitch:

Exhibit A...

Quoting amanda_mom89: I think you'd be surprised to find out that most of the women in here are SMs. Not BM's. And yes, some women in here are bitches from time to time. But most of the time I see someone whining it's because they got a strong dose of reality and truth and they didn't like it. This group is not everyone's cup of tea. But if have thick skin and an open mind, it's chock full of great advice and supportive women. The women who have been successful in their step lives have overcome a lot and they didn't get there by crying that someone was mean. You have to be tough, flexible and willing to step outside your comfort zone. And that's why their advice comes like it does. I don't know where I'd be without this group. I don't always agree with everyone and sometimes a post doesn't go the way I want it to.. But this is a good group.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I get your point, but you lose credibility when you pick Amanda's post as your exhibit A.

Quoting FroYoBitch:

My message is for those wondering "WTF just happened" when they come here for support (as the Group Guidelines state) and find hostility and venom from members with serious baggage and issues of their own to work through.

If the shoe doesn't fit then no need to get defensive, right?   

I anticipate a lot of venom by those that will never see themselves fitting the profile.  That's OK...if a few ladies find some comfort knowing that it's NOT them..my post was worthwhile.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this

This fucking shit again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN