Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lies

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:11 PM
  • 31 Replies
How do you as a step mom handle the situation when a lie is told....not a "there's a unicorn in the back yard" lie but "my daddy said I could draw on the lamp" and even convinced him he told her it was ok....4 hours later she confesses. ...
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM
4 moms liked this

If a 4 year old can convince your DH that he agreed to something as ridiculous as drawing on a lamp what you have is a DH problem.

RitaTequila531
by JustMyEbbie❤️ on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I would go straight to the Source before believing anything. If he's not around, I'd snap a pic and caption it "Your idea?", hit send and wash my hands of it.
Why WOULD he grant permission to do such a thing? If it doesn't make sense, it's a lie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cluelessstep
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM
What kind of punishment should be given for this? I have 3 older children and never had this problem that I remember. If I did I'm sure I spanked mine and that was that !
jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Let the gullible parent decide on the punishment fur the child
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this
Punishment for who? A kid testing her environment (normal) or the dummy who allowed himself to be manipulated by a 4 year old (not normal)?

Quoting cluelessstep: What kind of punishment should be given for this? I have 3 older children and never had this problem that I remember. If I did I'm sure I spanked mine and that was that !
Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Yeah that's our 7 year old. We don't put her in positions where she feels the need to lie.
cluelessstep
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:15 AM
So she gets away with everything ??

Quoting Polkadotted: Yeah that's our 7 year old. We don't put her in positions where she feels the need to lie.
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:38 AM
How do you not? SS has stood and lied to us about things we stood there and watched him do.

Quoting Polkadotted: Yeah that's our 7 year old. We don't put her in positions where she feels the need to lie.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:56 AM
How did your sd convince her dad he gave her permission to draw on the lamp?
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:00 AM
How does that happen?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)