Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

It seems like people have lost their damn minds around here.

I'm thinking it's due to the crazy winter/loss of meds or lobotomies.

So let's take a break from the crazy drama and slide over to the funny/hilarious side of things!

Post of great memes to break up the humdrum Monday I'm dealing with!

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Replies (91-95):
packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Quoting AmericanDream:

Well, let me share some wine with you and we can make a game plan for dealing with the teenage years and our way to smart, amazing children. 'Cause we might both be in trouble!

Good luck with that. In my experience, no amount of game planning will fully (who am I kidding? Partially, we're changing fully to partially) help you deal with the fun that is a preteen/teen. Especially if they are of the female gender. And don't think for a second that just because you were once a female teen/preteen that you have any understanding of one that is currently in that age group,.
. Last night I sat in my car after getting back from the store so I could have a break. She texted me. A few times. In a matter of a couple of minutes.
(Not a bad kid at all. I'm just not prepared for having a teen in my home. She's confusing and complicated and loves me one minute, hates me the next. It's like I'm living with an alien at times).

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM

Quoting packermom4ever:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting AmericanDream:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting AmericanDream:

this doesn't work for me.....they're taller then I am....or I'm really shrinking

I'm 5'10.5"  my bios are only 6 and 3 and my SD is only 5'. :)

I'm 5'4 and shrinking

SD12 is 5ft

Princess is 5'1 and

SS7 isn't too far behind.

I'm 5'0, almost 5'1. My daughter is almost 13 an 4'10ish/11ish. My son is going to be 11 this year and is about 4'8.5ish. He's still growing into his feet.

I will soon be the shortest person in my home. Again. (I'm also the oldest, and shortest, of 5).

Same here-my dad was the shortest at 5ft 10 my mom is 5'9

I am shrinking

Middle sister is 5'9

Baby Sister is 5'10

Baby brother is 6ft

Princess's bio father is 6'5. So yeah I'm fucked lol

Princess and SD12 are gonna be taller then me if not as tall as me by the end of the year-watch-they're gonna shoot up....sd12 not as much because her bio dad and bm are both under 5'9.

Other then my Aunt Ree (she clocks in at 4'9) and my kids....I'm the shortest out of my aunts/uncles/cousins.

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:18 AM

What did you just decide, "hey, I'm going to get on Cafemom now and CRUSH people's hopes and dreams."?   LOL. 

Quoting packermom4ever:

Quoting AmericanDream:

Well, let me share some wine with you and we can make a game plan for dealing with the teenage years and our way to smart, amazing children. 'Cause we might both be in trouble!

Good luck with that. In my experience, no amount of game planning will fully (who am I kidding? Partially, we're changing fully to partially) help you deal with the fun that is a preteen/teen. Especially if they are of the female gender. And don't think for a second that just because you were once a female teen/preteen that you have any understanding of one that is currently in that age group,.
. Last night I sat in my car after getting back from the store so I could have a break. She texted me. A few times. In a matter of a couple of minutes.
(Not a bad kid at all. I'm just not prepared for having a teen in my home. She's confusing and complicated and loves me one minute, hates me the next. It's like I'm living with an alien at times).

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting packermom4ever:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting AmericanDream:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting AmericanDream:

this doesn't work for me.....they're taller then I am....or I'm really shrinking

I'm 5'10.5"  my bios are only 6 and 3 and my SD is only 5'. :)

I'm 5'4 and shrinking

SD12 is 5ft

Princess is 5'1 and

SS7 isn't too far behind.

I'm 5'0, almost 5'1. My daughter is almost 13 an 4'10ish/11ish. My son is going to be 11 this year and is about 4'8.5ish. He's still growing into his feet.

I will soon be the shortest person in my home. Again. (I'm also the oldest, and shortest, of 5).

Same here-my dad was the shortest at 5ft 10 my mom is 5'9

I am shrinking

Middle sister is 5'9

Baby Sister is 5'10

Baby brother is 6ft

Princess's bio father is 6'5. So yeah I'm fucked lol

Princess and SD12 are gonna be taller then me if not as tall as me by the end of the year-watch-they're gonna shoot up....sd12 not as much because her bio dad and bm are both under 5'9.

Other then my Aunt Ree (she clocks in at 4'9) and my kids....I'm the shortest out of my aunts/uncles/cousins.

Well, I will never have that problem.  My mom was 5'9"

Bio dad was 6'2" ( I think).

But my DH is shorter than me and SD's mom is shorter than him.  SD might grow another inch or two but not much more than that.  Older DD won't be tall either.  They estimated about 5'6".   Younger DD might be a bit taller than that, she's built more like me... but we'll see with both of them.

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Quoting AmericanDream:

What did you just decide, "hey, I'm going to get on Cafemom now and CRUSH people's hopes and dreams."?   LOL. 

Misery does love company  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN