Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Is there a reason other than the obvious?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 18 Replies

9/13- BM informs DH that she was shutting down her email and that he could no longer text her.

Email, text, and USPS mail are about the only ways BM and DH communicate. They rarely, and I mean rarely talk on the phone.

Two months later BM started texting DH and also started emailing him again.

3/14- (just a few days ago) BM informs DH via email that she will no longer sign for any letters he sends her and that if he needed to talk to her he could via email or text message.

Per their CO there are certain things that DH would HAVE to inform BM of via USPS registered mail. So she would have to sign for it.

DH doesn't send her a lot of letters, when he does he always does it registered though, the last one he sent her was 12/13 and it was to send her insurance cards for their kids. He mainly uses it for the important stuff that he would need a record that she received it.

Is this just a control issue with BM? Or could she be gearing up for something and she doesn't want him to have proof or something? He is kind of stumped because this email came out of no where and he hasn't even sent her a letter in almost 4 months.

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I can speak to motivation but regardless, I would continue to send things that need documented by certified mail. If she turns them away then that is on her.
stepmommy2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM

True and that is what DH plans to do. I guess we are both just so confused on why now. He has been sending her letters that he has always had her sign for since they seperated in 2002. This is not a new thing at all.

Quoting MommySabs: I can speak to motivation but regardless, I would continue to send things that need documented by certified mail. If she turns them away then that is on her.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Agreed with Sabs.

And if bm is dumb enough to actually email your dh that she is willfully not following the co you will have that if he ever needs to take her to court for contempt.

Shannonb88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Well, she's sounds like a real peach to deal with.
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Perhaps he should USPS her a copy of the CO... With the part about USPS highlighted.
stepmommy2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:39 PM

good

Quoting Shannonb88: Well, she's sounds like a real peach to deal with.

stepmommy2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol

Quoting PumpkinSpice8: Perhaps he should USPS her a copy of the CO... With the part about USPS highlighted.

dawnnamarie
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm going with this option. I've often considered doing that when bm violates the co!

Quoting PumpkinSpice8: Perhaps he should USPS her a copy of the CO... With the part about USPS highlighted.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Yup. I'd keep this email for when they go back to court.

Quoting jlg12678: Agreed with Sabs.
And if bm is dumb enough to actually email your dh that she is willfully not following the co you will have that if he ever needs to take her to court for contempt.
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I wouldn't want registered mail. If I'm not home they make me pick it up at the post office. I probably just wouldn't go get it. He should send it regular mail.

I don't know what the mom here is thinking, but that's my thought on registered mail.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN