Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So BM said this to the Guardian ad Litem

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  • 132 Replies

The GAL asked her why 12 year old SD is not turning in any homework in any of her classes.  One of the assignments is for SD to read a book for 1 hour each week and BM has to sign a paper stating she saw her reading the book.  She hasn't done this all year!  Not once.  BM's solution was to get SD a tutor to help her read?!  She said she will get her a tutor for every one of her classes. I just want to bang my head into a wall.  I can't believe parents like this exist.  We tell SD to bring her books with her on the weekends we have her and she always "forgets" to bring any of her books with her. ARGH!

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:25 PM
3 moms liked this

by age 12 i was done being up my kids asses for homework. it wasnt my homework. they needed to deal with that.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:45 PM
4 moms liked this

So what is wrong with getting her a tutor for help? You cant even get her to bring books to your house a meassely few days a month. Imagine what wall mom is banging her head against?!

tbanana
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM

She wants a different tutor for each subject.  For English, all she has to do is read a book!  It's called, be a parent, which apparently BM doesn't know how to do.

Quoting baparrot2:

So what is wrong with getting her a tutor for help? You cant even get her to bring books to your house a meassely few days a month. Imagine what wall mom is banging her head against?!

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids struggle I get them a tutor. I guess I'm not being a parent?

tbanana
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I'm not saying tutors are bad..she has a math tutor because she desperately needs help in math.  I'm saying for the simple things to pawn off on a tutor.  If BM can't sit with her daughter and read for 30 minutes, don't you see that as a problem?

Quoting soonergirl980:

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Your judgmental horns are showing.

Quoting tbanana:

She wants a different tutor for each subject.  For English, all she has to do is read a book!  It's called, be a parent, which apparently BM doesn't know how to do.

Quoting baparrot2:

tbanana
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I guess they are.  They also show when BM threatens to kill herself and is hauled off to the looney bin in front of SD and when she fails a drug test for heroin and cocaine while in loony bin.  Pardon my horns.

Quoting baparrot2:

Quoting tbanana:

Quoting baparrot2:

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM
OSS went thru a phase when he was that age. He thought if he didn't do his hw his dad would send him back to his moms. That didn't happen. He's 15 now, sometimes he gives us the excuse he had too much hw and that's why he didn't do it. He suffers the consequences for it.

A parent can preach "do your hw!" Till they're blue in the face but if the child won't do it the parent can't do it for them.
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I see a problem with the fact that a 12 year old needs someone to sit and read with them. At 12 homework should be her responsibility. My kids read for a hour every day before bedtimes during the week. We don't have to tell them they just do it because they are supposed. It helps they are readers anyway and read for fun. However, If they were having a problem with not doing it yes I would probably hire a tutor. I'm not a teacher and I don't really have the patience for that kind of thing. As long as it gets done I don't see what the problem is.

Quoting tbanana:

I'm not saying tutors are bad..she has a math tutor because she desperately needs help in math.  I'm saying for the simple things to pawn off on a tutor.  If BM can't sit with her daughter and read for 30 minutes, don't you see that as a problem?

Quoting soonergirl980:

***Briterican***

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You cant stand the BM and you cant stand the SD. Why dont you leave well enough alone and butt the fuck out of these peoples lives? You are THAT SM who doesnt even know what she wants. You want custody but you dont like the girl. You make all these judgment calls but you live an hour away. You go to court and no money or lawyers in the world help. WTH is wrong with you? Move on with your life. Focus on your son and your husband and get happy.

Quoting tbanana:

I guess they are.  They also show when BM threatens to kill herself and is hauled off to the looney bin in front of SD and when she fails a drug test for heroin and cocaine while in loony bin.  Pardon my horns.

Quoting baparrot2:

Quoting tbanana:

Quoting baparrot2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)