Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SS's attendance report came in for March...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM
  • 51 Replies

Poll

Question: Out of 18 total school days in the month of March, 2014, SS attended how many days? !!!!!

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 47

View Results

If you've already seen in on TFBM, don't spoil the poll. ;)

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM
It's preschool right? Why worry about it?
mouthyhousewife
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Apparently, that is BM's take on it as well. Will she have the same attitude next year, in K? "It's only K, why worry about it?" "It's only elementary school, why worry about it?" "It's only highschool, why worry about it?" 

When to start to worry about it? When it's the law he attend? Because, if she isn't breaking the law by not sending him everyday, he obviously isn't suffering or paying any consequenses from not being involved everyday, right?  

Quoting amantonacci: It's preschool right? Why worry about it?

mouthyhousewife
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM

You guys are checking the page before you vote arent you? lol

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
A lot of parents don't send their children to preschool... Many grow up to be well adjusted functioning adults with at least I high school diploma.

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

Apparently, that is BM's take on it as well. Will she have the same attitude next year, in K? "It's only K, why worry about it?" "It's only elementary school, why worry about it?" "It's only highschool, why worry about it?" 

When to start to worry about it? When it's the law he attend? Because, if she isn't breaking the law by not sending him everyday, he obviously isn't suffering or paying any consequenses from not being involved everyday, right?  

tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM

what does the Father have to say? and yes, it is only preschool, not state ordered. optional if you want to word it that way. 

Pero3
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I never allowed DD to miss pre-school, not a single day ... my SIL did allow her DD to miss pre-school reguarly. Both girls are well-balanced, clever kids.

You and BM have different views when it comes to parenting ... the good news is that that's okay ... the bad news (for you) is that the kid isn't yours, hence your views don't really matter.

mouthyhousewife
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM

That isn't the point. The point is, she DID send him to preschool. She just doesn't wake up to take him. In the afternoon at that. 

Now, is she really going to get up to get him to school at 7:45 am next year?

Maybe. Miracles happen everyday. But educated guessing leads me to believe that she won't. 

Quoting amantonacci: A lot of parents don't send their children to preschool... Many grow up to be well adjusted functioning adults with at least I high school diploma.
Quoting mouthyhousewife:

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Is he in Headstart or GSRP?
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM
He goes to headstart it's free

Quoting mb1111:

Not sure of the OP's situation, but if I was helping pay for it or paying for all of it I would be upset if he wasn't going too.  Not sure about the preschool this kid goes to but there are some very pricey preschools out there.

Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM
From my experience having the kid gone all day is a big motivator.

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

That isn't the point. The point is, she DID send him to preschool. She just doesn't wake up to take him. In the afternoon at that. 

Now, is she really going to get up to get him to school at 7:45 am next year?

Maybe. Miracles happen everyday. But educated guessing leads me to believe that she won't. 

Quoting amantonacci: A lot of parents don't send their children to preschool... Many grow up to be well adjusted functioning adults with at least I high school diploma.

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)