Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lil concerned.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so my step son is 4. And on monday I found him in my 4 yr old sons room with his pants down on top of my son. When asked they both said it was step sons idea. When daddy got home he talked to them both seperately.. well this is the first time we've had my step son since christmas. He's never done anything like this before. And me and hubby never do anything sexual in front of kids. Not even really kiss... when hubby asked the baby momma she said she don't know. Now she has different people watch him everyday. Yes she's a single mom (she does have guys in and out of her life all the time though -_-) hubby pays child support every week. Step son is afraid of hubby. Won't let him give him a bath or get him dressed or anything. He's afraid to go to bed. And we don't know why (we honestly don't get step son often but he's not afraid of me) were at a loss of what to do :/ any advice
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
owl0210
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Your husband needs to get him to a child psychologist and pediatrician ASAP.
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Maybe he saw something on TV. Who knows. I'd just tell him that's inappropriate and not make a big deal out of it.

What did he tell your husband about where he got the idea?

08Best17Mom09
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:35 PM
He told my hubby he learned it from his mommy's house

Quoting whatIknownow:

Maybe he saw something on TV. Who knows. I'd just tell him that's inappropriate and not make a big deal out of it.

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM

where at his mommy's house? On TV? did he elaborate? Since he is at mommy's house almost all the time (you haven't seen him since Christmas), he pretty much learns everything there, doesn't he?

Did your husband ask him if anyone has touched him on his privates (or some such wording)?

Quoting 08Best17Mom09: He told my hubby he learned it from his mommy's house
Quoting whatIknownow:

Rocker.Mom.07
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Yep.

Quoting owl0210: Your husband needs to get him to a child psychologist and pediatrician ASAP.

08Best17Mom09
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:39 PM
He doesn't talk much. And when he does its very quiet. I think he told my hubby that he learned it from "mommy and so and so"

Quoting whatIknownow:

where at his mommy's house? On TV? did he elaborate? Since he is at mommy's house almost all the time (you haven't seen him since Christmas), he pretty much learns everything there, doesn't he?

Did your husband ask him if anyone has touched him on his privates (or some such wording)?

Quoting whatIknownow:

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:42 PM

who is so-and-so?

If it makes your husband feel better, he should take him to a family therapist who specializes in sexual abuse and they will ask him the right questions to find out if he has been molested. But other that that, I wouldn't panic.

Actually I"d be more concerned about him being afraid of his father.

Quoting 08Best17Mom09: He doesn't talk much. And when he does its very quiet. I think he told my hubby that he learned it from "mommy and so and so"
Quoting whatIknownow:

Quoting whatIknownow:

KWIM
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM
As for him being afraid of his dad...He is 4 and it has been 4 months since he has seen the man. That is nearly 10% of his life. If the visits are that infrequent, he is being put into the care of someone he doesn't know. Natural to be shy and fearful for a kid that age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)