Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't forget ...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's your dads birthday. He would love to hear from you.

Is the text we receive yearly from our dad's wife.

I am in my 30's. I haven't heard a peep from the man in 4 years. Haven't seen him in that long either. But you better believe I'm going to get a text from his wife to remind me of his birthday. And again on Father's Day.

I don't respond because it's just best to ignore. What I would like to say is - I know when his birthday is. Obviously I don't care. Or else I would have called him already. Here's a reminder: he has five children he hasn't spoken to in years. He has 10 grandchildren. Do you need me to send all of their birthdays so you can remind HIM when to call his children?

Argh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Why dont you text that back? Its perfect!Are you not 40 yet? LOL

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM
I try not to engage.

Quoting baparrot2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malinda74
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Sadly...I sometimes call my dad to remind him to call and wish my sister happy birthday. He is bad with dates and many years she has been disappointed he forgot. Facebook birthday reminder is his god send.
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Luckily, Sm has not tried to engage me regarding my dad.  I haven't spoken to him in over a year.  I just have no interest.

FroYoBitch
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this
may I ask why you don't speak to your father? Just curious. My father passed away several years ago and I have a lot of regret over not staying in touch better with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrandiGra
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM
5 moms liked this

I would ask is this Jake?  Jake from State Farm?

packermom4ever

My husband's SM texts me and my sis in law to remind our husband's of their dad's birthday and Father's day almost every year.

They haven't ever forgetten as long as I've known them. And I find it irritating. And neither my sis in law or myself pass on the message. We figure our husband's are big boys.

wise.toes

i can't relate to this. my father just passed away and i would have done anything to reconcile with him sooner than i had. 

i hope you're aware that life is short. =)

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I typically do the same thing.  Last year (2013) on my BIRTHDAY - my biofather's sister in law messaged me on FB about how sad my bio father was about not having spoken to me in years and missing out on a relationship with my children.  I could have ignored the message and just gone about my life, but I was irritated.  I was kinda bitchy (a lot bitchy) and explained exactly why I had not had contact with my bio father in a really long time and why I had no plans on having a realtionship with him ever again.  

I ran into my bio father not that long ago in the town I live in, I looked him dead in the face, when he said hello, I turned my back and walked away.  No regrets - the man is toxic.  

Sometimes you have to just walk away.   

Quoting momof2ex1: I try not to engage.
Quoting baparrot2:

soonergirl980
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh geeze DH's family is like this. Yester between DH and I recieve no less than 5 calls & texts reminding us to call our neice yesterday. Which I call/ send something every year we speak to her more than most of them do. Let me tell you how many times they called my kids in the last umm 12 years that would be a big 0.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)