Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm scared.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:27 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
Society is failing, like, SUPER failing, young women. Where is the self worth, education, and dignity there should be? What is with all these situations where these women are entering into relationships where they are nothing more than a piggy bank, unpaid nanny and a regular piece? Shit! I had more sense at 12 than these girls do now at 18+.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mags355
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Teen Mom is a hit. And Honey Boo Boo. Role models we can all depend on!
whatIknownow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. But it is very sad.

whatIknownow
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Ugh.

Quoting mags355: Teen Mom is a hit. And Honey Boo Boo. Role models we can all depend on!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:40 PM

yep. glad i have sons, lol.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I just wonder where all these girls parents are...
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. But smart folks watch it for what it is. A train wreck and see how NOT to behave. Who the heck sees that stuff and thinks its the way to live?

Quoting mags355: Teen Mom is a hit. And Honey Boo Boo. Role models we can all depend on!
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this
The guys are just as bad!!! They be havin the swag these idiot chicks all turned out about.

(I'm not saying that about your boys. You would beat their asses into the ground.)

Quoting faerie75:

yep. glad i have sons, lol.

thecircus8
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know but it is truly frightening.

As a.mom/SM of 6 girls. I'm terrified. But I would also beat their ever loving asses if they ever devalued themselves like that-at whatever age.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:59 PM
The boys aren't fairing much better. They are all busy rushing into things they can't handle. This touches close to home right now.
tiafez
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I call it Kartrashianitis. Women not respected for having a mind and selfrespect. Girls raised to think sexy is what matters, not dignity. Manners and pride not taught in the home. Respecting others, kindness, fair play. All gone.  I could go on for pages, it makes me so sad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)