Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Would you let her in?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 58 Replies

BM was supposed to pick up DS at 5 last night but she called at 420 and said that she was stuck on the side of the freeway waiting on a tow truck. DH said no problem, let him know what time she was leaving so we could tell her where SS was (either at my parents or at our housse) because we would be gone from 6-8 at DS's gymnastics. BM sent a text at 7 saying she was in our driveway, where are we? DH told her that we were at gymnastics and SS was at my parents house (less than a mile away, she knows where it is) and that she would have to pick up SS and then come back to get his medicine because it was at our house. He apologized for forgetting the medicine. She wasn't upset, but she tried asking him what our garge code was so she could just run in and get it. Ummm...noo. No. There is no way she is going in my house when there isn't anyone home! She didn't throw a fit or anything when he told her no, which is good.

It just had me thinking, would you have let her in?

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM
No! And my husbands ex did go in our house once when we weren't there. I was pissed!! Totally crossing a line.
Sarahb21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Did she ask to go in or did she just go? I would be fuming!

Quoting cdrainey3: No! And my husbands ex did go in our house once when we weren't there. I was pissed!! Totally crossing a line.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Heck no!
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM

No.

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM
No way lol.
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I would have allowed it with my step daughter's mom.

cdrainey3
by Cher on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM
She just went in. It was Christmas Day and she was picking up ss for her part of the holiday. We live next door to my parents so we were going up to their house. I packed all of ss stuff and told him that everything was in his bag. I guess he forgot his boots, so after BM picked him up from my parents they came down to our house. She text my dh asking where ss boots were. Dh said in the garage and ss knows the code. After we got back home I noticed ss had taken one of his presents that I didn't pack. I don't care if he takes things to his moms, he's always been able to take things back and forth, but I noticed and figured he had come in the house after his mom picked him up. So I asked him the next visit he had with us and he said his mom came in our house with him. I was so mad. She walked in our house knowing we weren't home. I told ss no one is allowed in our house if dad or myself are not home. We chose not to say anything to her because she's seriously messed up when it comes to manners and respect. I knew she wouldn't think anything wrong with it. I'm sure ss said something to her though. Now our door is always locked if we leave!

Quoting Sarahb21:

Did she ask to go in or did she just go? I would be fuming!

Quoting cdrainey3: No! And my husbands ex did go in our house once when we weren't there. I was pissed!! Totally crossing a line.

LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Nope.

Rocker.Mom.07
by The Savior on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM

That's a big hell no.

I don't think we'll ever have to really worry about it though unless some miracle happens and BM decides it's ok to communicate and parent with my DH. Stops acting like  an immature spoiled, hateful brat. Even then it's a hell no.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM
No.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)