Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Breaking my home apart

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM
  • 54 Replies
So we've had my SD since last May . I love her like she's my own. She's eleven . Been almost a year and BM cant get herself together enough to get an unsupervised visit. About two months ago she decided she hates me. So completely out of the blue !!! I have moved out, actually back to my home state . WANT MY FAMILY BACK . I've never ever been a step parent . Please help
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Why did you move out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RonansMommy02
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Bm hates you or dd hates you?
KreatingMe
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM

What's going on?

mylisa152455
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM
SD does . Dad seems to think that'll make her happier , but we still love each other . We're hoping space and time may help???? Anybody else had their SK so miserable it came to this ? BM has a warrant , she's an addict and SD can't exactly see her of course . BM also always tells her what a whore I am etc etc blah blah . They had been seperated for years when I came on the scene.
stepdiva
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You will never win in that situation. Your marriage has nothing to do with his kids. To be honest with you, as hard as I know it must be for you, staying gone is YOUR best option.
I think the difference in being his wife and not the kids' mother is what is so hard about being a step parent. But they are distinctly separate and as such , no one else's business. Not even his kids'. Just my opinion at this minute. I haven't reSd any other replies.

Quoting mylisa152455: SD does . Dad seems to think that'll make her happier , but we still love each other . We're hoping space and time may help???? Anybody else had their SK so miserable it came to this ? BM has a warrant , she's an addict and SD can't exactly see her of course . BM also always tells her what a whore I am etc etc blah blah . They had been seperated for years when I came on the scene.
KenneMaw
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Sorry for the drama. Did DH ask you to leave? Do you know why SD changed her opinion of you so quickly?
mylisa152455
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I think it changed so quickly bc he hadn't told her cps was going to court to give us permanent custody , and the case worker told her. I also wonder if she just hates sharing his attention . She LOVES her mom, no doubt at all. I think she also gets angry at herself bc we got so close , maybe guilt ... So confusing .
Seychelles1409
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:24 AM
7 moms liked this

Distance and time will not help your marriage; that is if you are hoping to get your marriage back.   Frankly, I am not impressed with a man who would have you leave even if his reason was his daughter's sudden dislike of you.   He is letting his daughter call the shots.   Never a good idea.  Bad for you and bad for your marriage.

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this

My own daughter told me she hated me the other day. I told her okay and life has gone on. Kids say things that are hurtful sometimes. Doesn't make it right, but they do it. 

mylisa152455
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:41 AM
:-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)