Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breaking my home apart

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM
  • 54 Replies
So we've had my SD since last May . I love her like she's my own. She's eleven . Been almost a year and BM cant get herself together enough to get an unsupervised visit. About two months ago she decided she hates me. So completely out of the blue !!! I have moved out, actually back to my home state . WANT MY FAMILY BACK . I've never ever been a step parent . Please help
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Why did you move out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RonansMommy02
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Bm hates you or dd hates you?
KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM

What's going on?

mylisa152455
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM
SD does . Dad seems to think that'll make her happier , but we still love each other . We're hoping space and time may help???? Anybody else had their SK so miserable it came to this ? BM has a warrant , she's an addict and SD can't exactly see her of course . BM also always tells her what a whore I am etc etc blah blah . They had been seperated for years when I came on the scene.
stepdiva
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You will never win in that situation. Your marriage has nothing to do with his kids. To be honest with you, as hard as I know it must be for you, staying gone is YOUR best option.
I think the difference in being his wife and not the kids' mother is what is so hard about being a step parent. But they are distinctly separate and as such , no one else's business. Not even his kids'. Just my opinion at this minute. I haven't reSd any other replies.

Quoting mylisa152455: SD does . Dad seems to think that'll make her happier , but we still love each other . We're hoping space and time may help???? Anybody else had their SK so miserable it came to this ? BM has a warrant , she's an addict and SD can't exactly see her of course . BM also always tells her what a whore I am etc etc blah blah . They had been seperated for years when I came on the scene.
KenneMaw
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Sorry for the drama. Did DH ask you to leave? Do you know why SD changed her opinion of you so quickly?
mylisa152455
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I think it changed so quickly bc he hadn't told her cps was going to court to give us permanent custody , and the case worker told her. I also wonder if she just hates sharing his attention . She LOVES her mom, no doubt at all. I think she also gets angry at herself bc we got so close , maybe guilt ... So confusing .
Seychelles1409
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:24 AM
7 moms liked this

Distance and time will not help your marriage; that is if you are hoping to get your marriage back.   Frankly, I am not impressed with a man who would have you leave even if his reason was his daughter's sudden dislike of you.   He is letting his daughter call the shots.   Never a good idea.  Bad for you and bad for your marriage.

packermom4ever
by Still The Queen on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this

My own daughter told me she hated me the other day. I told her okay and life has gone on. Kids say things that are hurtful sometimes. Doesn't make it right, but they do it. 

mylisa152455
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:41 AM
:-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN