Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Call my daddy

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have a friend who has 2 children with BF.

BF has always been an in and out dad.

For about a year, they had a steady schedule - dad would come over Friday nights. They'd have pizza and watch a movie. Dad would put the kids to bed, and get up with them in the morning and then they would all spend Saturday together. ( You don't have to tell me that it's unhealthy for BM and BF to go on like a family, my friend even knows it, but doesn't mind the arrangement because she's been sleeping with BF and is now pregnant. SM is finally leaving him May 1st )

Okay, well BF has been really slacking with seeing his children. He hasn't been over to see them in THREE WEEKS. For the past few months, he's seen them maybe one day a month fdor a few hours.

Yesterday, the 3 year old was really bad at daycare ( Disclaimer: Friend and I are pretty positive he has ADHD and ODD, but he's too young for a diagnosis, and most of his days are bad days. Yesterday was just extreme ) . When friend picked them up, the teacher told her that when he was acting out, he kept telling them to " Call my daddy " and "If you want me to be good, call my daddy "

My friend uses daddy as a threat to behave. She has always told him, if you're not going to be good, I'm going to call your dad. Her thought is that a dad is supposed to be the disciplinarian.. yeah, not in a broken family though.

So now she is way over analyzing what is going on.. Um, he needs to see his dad more! He is telling you this, plain as day !!

Ugh end vent

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
There is so much wrong with this situation. She's pregnant with her ex's baby that doesn't come around anymore?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
....ClvrScn.
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:08 AM

OH trust me, I know and Italk to her about it until I'm blue in the face.

And yes, actually, only the 7 year old was concieved while they were together. It gets better

SM also has a 3 year old. The kids are 4 months apart.

Quoting owl0210: There is so much wrong with this situation. She's pregnant with her ex's baby that doesn't come around anymore?

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
That reads like a math problem lol. They both need to get their shit together for the kids. The toddler years are difficult enough to deal with in a normal household. It's no wonder why he's acting out.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

OH trust me, I know and Italk to her about it until I'm blue in the face.

And yes, actually, only the 7 year old was concieved while they were together. It gets better

SM also has a 3 year old. The kids are 4 months apart.

Quoting owl0210: There is so much wrong with this situation. She's pregnant with her ex's baby that doesn't come around anymore?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Your friend enjoys her dysfunction. She surrounds herself with it and appears comfortable in it.

What gets me is, why did that SM put up with her husband spending his weekends at the ex's house? How did he sell THAT to her? LOL.  He must be really, really good in bed.

....ClvrScn.
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:23 AM

LOL I joke about that all the time.. but he's not even attractive and I don't mean, I'm not attracted to him.. I mean he's NOT attractive AT ALL!! He's extremely over weight, has an unruly afro ( never gets it braided, but won't cut it ) .. the one time, my car broke down and I called her to come get me from work, he came too - he was wearing shorts that were ripped - he's just "scrubby" is the best way to describe him.. it's nasty!

And Stepmom is just as stupid when it comes to this man as mom is. I refer to her as stepmom because it's easier, but she's dads live in long term girlfriend. I have seen conversations between the two women. It's a game they play to see who can "keep him".. DUDE REALLY ???

I am so done talking to her about this subject. A 12 year friendship - I just can't do it anymore. It's been the same man, with the same drama for 10 years. Seriously !! He was cheating on her in high school )

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your friend enjoys her dysfunction. She surrounds herself with it and appears comfortable in it.

What gets me is, why did that SM put up with her husband spending his weekends at the ex's house? How did he sell THAT to her? LOL.  He must be really, really good in bed.

minimoo
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Oh man. That sounds like a bad Maury episode!
Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Apr. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM

This could totally be my sister someday... given her history. I'm hoping this baby will make her grow up and be a stable mom but time will tell.

TugboatWifey
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 10:05 AM
You should submit this to Jerry Springer. Bring Jerry back!!!!!
ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
They should develop a visitation for him between the two. Since neither are going to give him up they should just rotate him between the two...lol.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this
The problem is not the guy but the fact that those two women appear to be flat out stupid.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

LOL I joke about that all the time.. but he's not even attractive and I don't mean, I'm not attracted to him.. I mean he's NOT attractive AT ALL!! He's extremely over weight, has an unruly afro ( never gets it braided, but won't cut it ) .. the one time, my car broke down and I called her to come get me from work, he came too - he was wearing shorts that were ripped - he's just "scrubby" is the best way to describe him.. it's nasty!

And Stepmom is just as stupid when it comes to this man as mom is. I refer to her as stepmom because it's easier, but she's dads live in long term girlfriend. I have seen conversations between the two women. It's a game they play to see who can "keep him".. DUDE REALLY ???

I am so done talking to her about this subject. A 12 year friendship - I just can't do it anymore. It's been the same man, with the same drama for 10 years. Seriously !! He was cheating on her in high school )

Quoting whatIknownow:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)