Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

cs reassessment

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM
  • 50 Replies

For the first time in 4 years, Dh is talking about getting child support reassessed. I am so proud of him and excited! A little worried about Bm's reaction when she finds out though.

So, what does reassessment usually consist of, what should we expect?

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on your state.  I just went through one.  I reported my income, BF reported his.  We reported overnights.  Plugged it into a formula and out pops a number.  What he pays went down slightly.

no big deal here.

abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Quoting pdxmum:

Depends on your state.  I just went through one.  I reported my income, BF reported his.  We reported overnights.  Plugged it into a formula and out pops a number.  What he pays went down slightly.

no big deal here.

They require pay stubs, right? 

CrunchMaMaBear
by Queen Crunch on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM
why is he getting it reassessed
abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: why is he getting it reassessed

When he had Bm file, she wasn't working and he wasn't getting any regular visitation. We've had regular visitation for 3 years now (no court order though) and Bm just told us she got a job working 50 hours a week.

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Why wasn't he getting regular visitation? There still isn't a court order??
abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Quoting owl0210: Why wasn't he getting regular visitation? There still isn't a court order??

He was in the process of moving for a promotion when Bm decided to leave him. And yeah, I'm hoping that will be his next step.

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM
He needs to do that ASAP. How far apart do you live?

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

Quoting owl0210: Why wasn't he getting regular visitation? There still isn't a court order??

He was in the process of moving for a promotion when Bm decided to leave him. And yeah, I'm hoping that will be his next step.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

Quoting pdxmum:

no big deal here.

They require pay stubs, right? 

I don't remember...they may have needed something completed by your employer and since I am HR, I would have completed it so...

but probably.  I think it said BF submitted tax stuff.

abigailsmommy11
by Kelli on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Quoting owl0210: He needs to do that ASAP. How far apart do you live?
Quoting abigailsmommy11:

Unfortunately about 3.5 hours apart. We moved to a town 40 minutes away from her last year, and within 2 months, she picked up and moved away. It sucked :( 

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
4 moms liked this
CO should be the first step. It speaks a lot of his character that he is more concerned about paying less CS for the child than getting an order established to be able to have a parental relationship with the child.

Quoting abigailsmommy11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN