Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

For all you new members and first timer posters!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM
  • 171 Replies
17 moms liked this

Okay now that Princess is home safe-I'm going to add all of this in. I'm not posting this to piss people off....really I'm not. It's a little nerve racking for those of us who have been here for quite some time,for new posters to come in here crying/whining or just merely venting/seeking advice and then they get all butt hurt because we don't tell them what they want to hear.

Hear me out ladies-most of us have been here for quite a few years....some of us have been "in the game" for years and years-we've been there, done that-got the tshirt. Majority have survived. So when the new sm's come in here seeking advice-please realize we know what we're talking about.

I've yet to see a situation posted in here that doesn't have a viable solution. And there are solutions!! Life is about options-Try 1-if that doesn't work-try another.

You may think we're catty or anti-bm or anti-sm.....nope we're just a group of awesome bitches that can help with a wide variety of options/solutions.

Keep an open mind....there may be advice that could help you,whether it be right now or later down the road.

We're not here to hold hands.....we don't sing kumbya....hell I can't sing so don't bother asking!

We don't coddle or babywalk you through anything.We're all grown ups here-dealing with real life situations...we're gonna be honest and to the point.

And if after all of this, if you're still butt hurt....please feel free to try another group more suited to your needs!

Thank you and have a great day!

by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jules2boys
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM

I love this! 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jules2boys:

I love this! 

You're welcome dancing

CFSTBSM27
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Here here or at least take it like champ
grits71
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

When exactly do you cease being a new member?????

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting grits71:

i would think after a few weeks or so-get your feet wet!!

make a post or 2 introducing yourself and your situation-maybe read up on old posts and get a feel for things-when you're comfortable-start replying.

That's what I did,  yeah there were a few who didn't care for me-but I stuck around....got some life changing help from a few of the older members (such as whatiknownow and Parrot)-overall this a great group that can be helpful.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting CFSTBSM27: Here here or at least take it like champ

I'm just tired of the new posters coming in here acting like they know it all....and when they get butthurt-WE are the mean ones...ugh get a grip!

grits71
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I did for the most part - I still consider myself a "newbie" though.  I will admit it is a little dicey when sometimes people respond to other members on a post you've started and you think it's about your situation.  That's always nice but a lesson learned!  There is some really valuable responses here though and I'm glad I found it!!

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting grits71:

i would think after a few weeks or so-get your feet wet!!

make a post or 2 introducing yourself and your situation-maybe read up on old posts and get a feel for things-when you're comfortable-start replying.

That's what I did,  yeah there were a few who didn't care for me-but I stuck around....got some life changing help from a few of the older members (such as whatiknownow and Parrot)-overall this a great group that can be helpful.

Samann818
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Im new...I've had the account for awhile just never got on and then I seen something that caught my eye so I figured I would check it out...I have to say I haven't been offended yet, but I have seen some people on here get pretty mean...don't know if it was a newbie or not though...I like the bluntness of some of the moms...I like debating things with people and I'm interested in giving my opinion and also getting others opinions and advise...I like to see other peoples views on life. :) 

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Samann818:

Im new...I've had the account for awhile just never got on and then I seen something that caught my eye so I figured I would check it out...I have to say I haven't been offended yet, but I have seen some people on here get pretty mean...don't know if it was a newbie or not though...I like the bluntness of some of the moms...I like debating things with people and I'm interested in giving my opinion and also getting others opinions and advise...I like to see other peoples views on life. :) 

same here-I love a good debate....going back and forth-give and take....I learn something new everyday!

I'm not one to put another down....I'm not gonna be nasty and rude...I may be bitchy-but dont take it personal.

We are from all walks of life!! we all have an opinion on things.

I try to see things from the OP's point of view (put myself in their shoes) and figure the best advice that could help.

But then there are times I just wanna smack their head into a wall and scream "WAKE THE HELL UP!!!"

not literally of course...I couldn't afford the bail $

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:15 PM
5 moms liked this
You should add at the end that if they do feel like were not the place for them, they don't need to post a attention whore post chastising us.

That crap gets old. Just leave. Move on. No need to flash your panties on the way out the door.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN