Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My sd was found outside this morning.

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM
  • 63 Replies
I Posted this in another group but I just can't believe bm did this. As some of you know I watch my sd every day. I pick her up from school and she spends the night 1-2 nights during the week and she is here every weekend. Bm brings sd to school in the morning except wednesday because she stays the night before. Well bm is also sick every week so we always end up keeping sd more..and that is fine.

Well this morning bm decided she was too sick to drop sd off at school. Never called us but sent one text saying she was dropping sd off so dh could bring her to school..but she sent the text at 6 AM when we were all sleeping. We wake up and sd had been waiting outside for about 30 minutes because the door was locked and we didnt know she was getting dropped off anyways. She was crying and so upset. Bm pulled In the driveway let sd out and left. Never made sure we were here or awake.

What I dont get is the school is only a block away from her yet she was too sick to drop her off at school but not too sick to drive to us and drop her off. I swear she is always sick and sd knows when bm is sick she isnt picking her up. It just blows my mind bm didnt try calling or atleast walk her to the door. Nope she just left and sd sat outside and she is only 5 so she was probably scared and didnt know what to do.
Dh was so mad..he doesnt mind bringing her to school but she needs to not just drop her and leave. I dont get what was so important that she put sd in danger..anything can happen in 30 minutes and sd is smart but what if she decided to wander off and no one would know where she was.

Also how does having a cold every week stop her from not being able to care for sd? It just drives me crazy..and poor sd.

I just cant believe this..but sd is fine. I think dh talked to bm about it too.
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pumpkinbean
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM
I read this in the other post and my response is still the same. Poor baby! This story makes me so sad.
csxt99
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:53 PM
8 moms liked this

Time for Daddy to seek legal assistance and full custody.  Mom doesn't seem capable of caring for the child right now.

Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:54 PM
I dont know why I didnt just post in here to begin with. I still cant get over it.

Quoting Pumpkinbean: I read this in the other post and my response is still the same. Poor baby! This story makes me so sad.
SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:55 PM
3 moms liked this

You guys need a spare key outside and for SD to know where it is. Then you need to make a plan should it happen again.

Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I agree. She will probably fight hard though because she doesnt want to lose her child support. Even though ee have sd more but I do think he needs to get full custody. I think he is just afraid she will make his life a living hell..that is what she does when she doesnt get her way.

Quoting csxt99:

Time for Daddy to seek legal assistance and full custody.  Mom doesn't seem capable of caring for the child right now.

ladybugchick317
by Charity on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:57 PM
2 moms liked this

The thing is her just dropping sd off like that and not making sure someone was up to let her in could be dangerous. Someone could have taken off with her and no one would have known. I think dh needs to look into reassessing custody since you have her all the time it seems.

Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I know..its scary to think what could have happened. We do have her more anyways but bm wants the child support so fighting for full custody who knows what she would do..she flips when she doesnt get her way.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

The thing is her just dropping sd off like that and not making sure someone was up to let her in could be dangerous. Someone could have taken off with her and no one would have known. I think dh needs to look into reassessing custody since you have her all the time it seems.

Pumpkinbean
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I can't imagine letting my child out anywhere and just driving off.

Quoting Sept-babies2: I dont know why I didnt just post in here to begin with. I still cant get over it.

Quoting Pumpkinbean: I read this in the other post and my response is still the same. Poor baby! This story makes me so sad.
csxt99
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

He needs to decide what he wants more- his daughter's safety and security or the relative peace of his ex's attitude when she gets what she wants.

Quoting Sept-babies2: I agree. She will probably fight hard though because she doesnt want to lose her child support. Even though ee have sd more but I do think he needs to get full custody. I think he is just afraid she will make his life a living hell..that is what she does when she doesnt get her way.
Quoting csxt99:

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't get this (I  haven't read the other post).  I stay and make sure my kids friends get into their own homes!  ODS is 16 and when I drop him off at our home, I still wait to make sure he gets in safely.  Heck!  I do this with xMIL, nearly 70s!  I do it for my own mother. 

I don't get the BM in your situation. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)